• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Dark Side of Theoden?

Kiroshar

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
174
VADER
Nothing can stop that now. Just for once...
let me look on you with my own eyes.

Slowly, hesitantly, Luke removes the mask from his father's face.
There beneath the scars is an elderly man. His eyes do not focus.
But the dying man smiles at the sight before him.

ANAKIN (very weak)
Now...go, my son. Leave me.

LUKE
No. You're coming with me. I can't leave you
here. I've got to save you.

ANAKIN
You already have, Luke. You were right about
me. Tell your sister...you were right.

LUKE
Father...I won't leave you.

Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker...Luke's father, dies.
 
You're taking the line that theoden spoke too seriously.

When he says that Eowyn has saved him I think he means saving him from being eaten by the nazgul and suffering a horrible and dishonorable death.

and SW copied the books. Read Gandalfs fall in Moria again and watch Ben Kenobis death on the death star, all that is missing is Ben yelling "you shall not pass!"
 
I am glad someone finally pointed out that most Scifi movies copied from TLOTR and not the other way around.
 
Yeah, Mr. Lucas isn't all that original either.

I just thought it strange that Peter, Fran, and Philippa would not have noticed how close these two scenes were.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top