• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Death Of Turgon

According to The Book of Lost Tales Turgon perished with the fall of his tower...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Fall_of_Turgon's_Tower.jpg


Tolkien never finished updating the long prose version of this tale, but I'm guessing this detail was to survive -- and I can't remember at the moment if any of the briefer texts that followed The Book of Lost Tales referred to this -- but anyway, that's how he died in the very early tale at least.
 
According to The Book of Lost Tales Turgon perished with the fall of his tower...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Fall_of_Turgon's_Tower.jpg


Tolkien never finished updating the long prose version of this tale, but I'm guessing this detail was to survive -- and I can't remember at the moment if any of the briefer texts that followed The Book of Lost Tales referred to this -- but anyway, that's how he died in the very early tale at least.

who is the illustrator of that picture?
 

Similar threads

Back
Top