Azrubêl
Drúadan
- Joined
- Mar 3, 2017
- Messages
- 212
I've always valued the scene in front of the Black Gate in the book for how beautifully archaic and gothic it is, as if it revives the spirit of older tales of the First and Second ages. Which makes sense because of who the Mouth of Sauron actually is.
I am largely satisfied with the Peter Jackson LOTR trilogy, but one of the major aspects that is just utterly horrendous IMO is the portrayal of the Mouth of Sauron. The farcical interpretation of the Mouth of Sauron is so contrary to the spirit of the story, that I think it's one of the biggest flaws in the movies. It should be a climatic moment where the atmosphere intensifies, but instead, it just turns into a joke.

I am largely satisfied with the Peter Jackson LOTR trilogy, but one of the major aspects that is just utterly horrendous IMO is the portrayal of the Mouth of Sauron. The farcical interpretation of the Mouth of Sauron is so contrary to the spirit of the story, that I think it's one of the biggest flaws in the movies. It should be a climatic moment where the atmosphere intensifies, but instead, it just turns into a joke.
Last edited:

