Tyelkormo the Fair
Elite
- Joined
- Feb 7, 2023
- Messages
- 4,985
The link to the story
Happy Nowruz to all the amazing people on TTF, especially the Youth Group!
I had promised you a simple explanation of our new year's traditions, and I thought it would be fun for it be said thorough one of my own stories and from the mouth of our chaotic Fëanorians!
So here it is, the Rush of Nowruz, or as it is called in Aman, Sinyala!
A guide for the new words I came up with:
Sinyala: It means New Day, a simple translation of Now-Ruz.(Now mean new and Ruz meaning day.)
Larsarno: It means Prosperous Table, the Haft-Sin of Elves. Haft-Sin itself means Seven sin( the letter S) because all the items of this table start with S in Persian. I couldn't really make that happen when writing in English, so I decided to come up with something inspired by the deeper meaning behind the holidays.
Lissëmalda: Samanu is a sweet wheat germ pudding made especially for Nowruz. Lissë means Sweet and Malda means paste, as it is the texture of Samanu.
Naxa: Sumac might be familiar to people who enjoy Middle Eastern food. It's a sour spice you usually see next to a kebab of sort. Besides the flavor, it is also meant to help with digestion of beef. I decided to come up with a Quenyan name for it as well. Naxa simply means sour.
Happy Nowruz to all the amazing people on TTF, especially the Youth Group!
I had promised you a simple explanation of our new year's traditions, and I thought it would be fun for it be said thorough one of my own stories and from the mouth of our chaotic Fëanorians!
So here it is, the Rush of Nowruz, or as it is called in Aman, Sinyala!
A guide for the new words I came up with:
Sinyala: It means New Day, a simple translation of Now-Ruz.(Now mean new and Ruz meaning day.)
Larsarno: It means Prosperous Table, the Haft-Sin of Elves. Haft-Sin itself means Seven sin( the letter S) because all the items of this table start with S in Persian. I couldn't really make that happen when writing in English, so I decided to come up with something inspired by the deeper meaning behind the holidays.
Lissëmalda: Samanu is a sweet wheat germ pudding made especially for Nowruz. Lissë means Sweet and Malda means paste, as it is the texture of Samanu.
Naxa: Sumac might be familiar to people who enjoy Middle Eastern food. It's a sour spice you usually see next to a kebab of sort. Besides the flavor, it is also meant to help with digestion of beef. I decided to come up with a Quenyan name for it as well. Naxa simply means sour.
Last edited:

