• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The search for the Entwives

Will Whitfoot

Mintmaster
Joined
Sep 30, 2017
Messages
124
I have seen three! My avatar shows me encountering one several years ago. That is a genuine unretouched photograph! All seemed to be sleeping, and the one pictured has since disappeared. But they are out there. I encourage people to post photos if they come across any! I have more pictures... once I can figure out how to post them.

This one was the first... and got me to start really looking!
TomTreeSpirit-01.jpg


Several years later I ran across this one, in a remote part of the Arkansas Ozarks.
TomTreeSpirit-07.jpg


And finally just last year, this one, right on a popular marked hiking trail.
TreeSpiritTX-03.jpg


So clearly, some of the Entwives made it into the Ozark mountains... has anybody seen them anywhere else?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In the time since this was first posted, entwives crossed the Great Divide and wound up in the Pacific Northwest. This one was found just a couple of years ago ...
 

Attachments

  • entwife.jpg
    entwife.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 40

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top