there are numerous science fiction books or movies that deal with time travel, yet, they all face the same problem, the paradoxes of traveling to the past, they try to twist it but more paradoxes emerge. Time travel to the past is not possible according to the laws of physics, and for a very good reason, the universe needs casualty, if you move backward in time you are altering that and that's the biggest paradox.
But Tolkien's take on time is much cleverer, he wasn't a physicist or mathematician, but he understood the nuances.
Iluvatar and originally the Ainur lived in the timeless holes, outside of time, they didn't travel through it, but around it. When the Valar enter Ea, they enter time, and were bound to it, that's why they couldn't leave, they were part of the cause and effect.
When I think I know everything about Tolkien, he always manages to surprise me.
But Tolkien's take on time is much cleverer, he wasn't a physicist or mathematician, but he understood the nuances.
Iluvatar and originally the Ainur lived in the timeless holes, outside of time, they didn't travel through it, but around it. When the Valar enter Ea, they enter time, and were bound to it, that's why they couldn't leave, they were part of the cause and effect.
When I think I know everything about Tolkien, he always manages to surprise me.


