• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Tolkien legendarium character chart.

Turk_182

Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2009
Messages
10

FAMILY TREE OF THE CHARACTERS OF MIDDLE-EARTH LEGENDARIUM

Hello everyone,

Here is the giant family tree the characters of Tolkien's Middle Earth legendarium. The tree starts with Eru and the Ainur before Time itself, and goes straight down from there to all the characters living at the beginning of the Fourth Age.

It is essentially a giant visual Tolkien Gateway page containing:

- The tree. It shows the direct line of royal descendants and all the unions of its members to the outside families,

- Images that show all the different characters, important objects, places, events, cities, and so many more.

- Information boxes on many events, royal bloodlines, several key figures and important sociological events and many historical events.

The source of this work is the content of this entire tolkiengateway.net and all its related pages.

Keep in mind that I am neither a Tolkien specialist, nor a specialist in English literature, not even an English speaker, and that I do not hold any diplomas which could qualify me as a specialist in anything of what this tree contains. All of this was made possible because I love Tolkien and family trees, and because I have some spare time and the desire to do something out of it.

It is the corrected version 1.1 of my tree, so if you feel that you need to add something, or simply that something should be there or should be removed, feel free to send me a message or to comment this post.

So click the links here to download the:

- Here @ https://drive.google.com/.../view?usp=share_link
to get the 445.2Mb pdf FullXL Tree

- Here @ https://drive.google.com/...Ydk/view?usp=sharing
to get the 22.8Mb pdf FullXL LOWcompressed Tree

- Here @ https://drive.google.com/...Oei/view?usp=sharing
to get the 14.3Mb pdf FullXL HIGHcompressed Tree

Visit me on:

- My website @ http://monarchycharts.com

- On Reddit @ r/MonarchyChartsXL/

There you go, I hope you'll enjoy looking at this tree.

François
 
Whoa... I am speechless at how amazing this is. The artwork, the layout, the logic behind it all is simply breathtaking. I am at work, so I can't fully explore it, but I have a feeling I will be revisiting this on my many re-reads through Tolkien's works. Thank you so much for sharing!
 
Holy moly, that's impressive! How many hours have you spent putting that together? 🤯
Hi there
It took about a year back in 2008 and I published it in 2009 under the name Gran Middle-Earth Visual Family Tree. I completely redrawn it 3 years ago to do it again a year ago… So now it’s the third iteration, second on LibreOffice Draw but third total.

I’m happy you enjoyed it. If you see any mistakes, feel free to contact me about it!

Enjoy

Francois
 
Whoa... I am speechless at how amazing this is. The artwork, the layout, the logic behind it all is simply breathtaking. I am at work, so I can't fully explore it, but I have a feeling I will be revisiting this on my many re-reads through Tolkien's works. Thank you so much for sharing!
I really appreciate your sense of wonder because I find myself in it every time I reread The Lord of the Rings. I have to admit, it's cool to have that kind of reference when reading a book like The Silmarillion. Thanks and happy reading!

François
 

Similar threads

Back
Top