• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Vorondil's Miscellaneous Projects

Finally finished my sword; I've been working on it since December last year.

It was based on an Italian Falchion. It turned out okay, I think, as did the scabbard (which was much harder to make than the sword itself)
1000003206.jpg
1000003207.jpg

I also just finished this Smallsword, today as a birthday gift for my brother.
1000003204.jpg
 
Finally finished my sword; I've been working on it since December last year.

It was based on an Italian Falchion. It turned out okay, I think, as did the scabbard (which was much harder to make than the sword itself)
View attachment 49314View attachment 49315
I also just finished this Smallsword, today as a birthday gift for my brother.
View attachment 49316
Sherlock, these are incredible! Bro casually has a full suit of armor and weaponry to accompany it, all SELF-MADE!!! Next thing you know, you'll be reforging Andúril! (Also... Small?! That's a small sword?! That's gotta be longer than Sting, right?! Your little bro is going to be so blessed!) I wish I had one of those baddies.
 
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
How do you even go about making a sword?
Eh, it's not too difficult. The easiest way (the way I do it), is to cut out the blade shape with an angle-grinder, and then use a belt sander to get to the desired edge geometry and sharpness. The handle is a bit harder. And the scabbard is much harder to make than the sword.
Also... Small?! That's a small sword?! That's gotta be longer than Sting, right?!
Well Sting (movie Sting) was 56 cm, 22 inches. With a blade length of 38 cm, 15 inches. So it really was just a dagger. The smallsword is 70 cm, 27 inches overall, with a 56 cm blade, so much longer than Sting. But even so, it came out shorter than I intended at first.
 
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Eh, it's not too difficult. The easiest way (the way I do it), is to cut out the blade shape with an angle-grinder, and then use a belt sander to get to the desired edge geometry and sharpness. The handle is a bit harder. And the scabbard is much harder to make than the sword.

Well Sting (movie Sting) was 56 cm, 22 inches. With a blade length of 38 cm, 15 inches. So it really was just a dagger. The smallsword is 70 cm, 27 inches overall, with a 56 cm blade, so much longer than Sting. But even so, it came out shorter than I intended at first.
You use spring steel?
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top