- Joined
- Nov 28, 2022
- Messages
- 3,740
To my Curvo, @Server Room Gremlin :
Maedhros knows hugs are not Curufin's preferred form of affection. And similarly, hugging somebody covered in soot and sweat is not ideal for Maedhros either. But sometimes, if Curufin is sleepy enough due to working too long in the forge, he may just tolerate a hug-- but not for too long.
"I'm gonna draw something cartoony and simple, not too complicated," I said. 9 hours later... 🙃
This drawing was way more difficult than I anticipated! First of all, drawing Maitimo’s happy closed eyes was was insanely difficult! It took ages before I was okay with how it looked. Second of all, fire lighting. That is something I have never attempted before. I didn't really like how it looked until I added the actual fire glow in the foreground. And then the position of Maitimo’s arms was super tricky. But I'm pleased with the result, and more importantly, I hope you like it too!
There were some subconscious things about this drawing that accidentally came out very Servoish. I thought the black leather gloves made his arms look kind of catlike. The color palette was also reminding me of something, and I realized: Minecraft!! Very fitting for both you and Curvo the smith!
I did a bit of research into medieval forge tools, but please forgive me if they're not very realistic. Also, Curvo came out looking a lot like how I imagine Fëanor, so that works out!
Here's a closeup crop of the picture because I think the faces look better zoomed in. You may be amused to know that I used the same textured brush and color I used to draw the soot on his face with to also give him a bit of eyeliner! Rocking that emo grunge look!
Drawing stuff aside, I hope you have a very happy birthday, my friend! It's been a pleasure getting to know you over the past year or so, but especially more recently. You're one of the smartest people I know, and I love your witty humor. You've also been one of the most solid friends in my life lately, being very compassionate as I have walked through an extremely difficult season of life. And you're one of my most faithful readers, proofreaders and commentators of my fanfic. I find your thoughtful and analytical observations, not just on the fanfic but on life in general, to be insightful and helpful. Your friendship truly means a lot to me and I'm wishing for all the best for you this year!
P.S. OOC, if you don't want that hug, Curvo, I will gladly take your place. 👀
Maedhros knows hugs are not Curufin's preferred form of affection. And similarly, hugging somebody covered in soot and sweat is not ideal for Maedhros either. But sometimes, if Curufin is sleepy enough due to working too long in the forge, he may just tolerate a hug-- but not for too long.
"I'm gonna draw something cartoony and simple, not too complicated," I said. 9 hours later... 🙃
This drawing was way more difficult than I anticipated! First of all, drawing Maitimo’s happy closed eyes was was insanely difficult! It took ages before I was okay with how it looked. Second of all, fire lighting. That is something I have never attempted before. I didn't really like how it looked until I added the actual fire glow in the foreground. And then the position of Maitimo’s arms was super tricky. But I'm pleased with the result, and more importantly, I hope you like it too!
There were some subconscious things about this drawing that accidentally came out very Servoish. I thought the black leather gloves made his arms look kind of catlike. The color palette was also reminding me of something, and I realized: Minecraft!! Very fitting for both you and Curvo the smith!
I did a bit of research into medieval forge tools, but please forgive me if they're not very realistic. Also, Curvo came out looking a lot like how I imagine Fëanor, so that works out!
Here's a closeup crop of the picture because I think the faces look better zoomed in. You may be amused to know that I used the same textured brush and color I used to draw the soot on his face with to also give him a bit of eyeliner! Rocking that emo grunge look!
Drawing stuff aside, I hope you have a very happy birthday, my friend! It's been a pleasure getting to know you over the past year or so, but especially more recently. You're one of the smartest people I know, and I love your witty humor. You've also been one of the most solid friends in my life lately, being very compassionate as I have walked through an extremely difficult season of life. And you're one of my most faithful readers, proofreaders and commentators of my fanfic. I find your thoughtful and analytical observations, not just on the fanfic but on life in general, to be insightful and helpful. Your friendship truly means a lot to me and I'm wishing for all the best for you this year!
P.S. OOC, if you don't want that hug, Curvo, I will gladly take your place. 👀

