• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Was Elrond a natural healer like 🧝Luthien, or was it the ring?

Taranir

New Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
17
Ok then... What about Elrond. Was he a healer by nature as Luthien did heal too. Or was his healing powers from his Ring which was the healing ring. Or did it just increase his powers. Or maybe it was given to him because of his allready existing healing skills. There is no mention about Elrond healing anybody before the 3th. Age.
 
Elrond's healing powers seemed to be innate. I don't have the text in front of me, but Aragorn says something to the effect of "he (Elrond) is the greatest (in healing) of our race". But I would imagine that you're right in saying that his Ring increased his healing ability.
 
Yes, I would imagine so; and I think it is stated in the beginning of the second Book (not the TT) that Elrond had healed Frodo after he recieved his Morgul- wound, and that it was because of Elrond's healing prowess that Frodo was still alive and kicking.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top