• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Was Húrin effectively made immortal?

I suppose we'll never really know but as above, we can all interpret as we wish. As I said, these are just musings rather than assertions. For clarity I'm discussing the possibility that Húrin was potentially immortal only during the period he could not die on the chair. After he was released by Morgoth, naturally I agree that he regained his mortal status. Perhaps as above, I am mistaken in this belief and it is more likely that he was simply nourished and maintained by Morgoth’s powers.
 
I guess elves are considered immortal right up until the day they die. (Of course, if they die.)

"...he could not move from that place, nor die, until Morgoth should release him."
Was Hurin effectively made immortal?
Hurin's is another case of temporary immortality just like any elf who died in battle. I can't quite decide if there's something funny about that term. (Maybe it's an oxymoron, but it does seem to work, IMO).
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top