• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What are you writing about now?

My editor has 22 chapters left to go out of 55. Getting closer!

Oh, and that plot hole I found? While working on the few paragraphs needed to close it (and turn it into a mysterious hook), I realized I had another opportunity to set yet another hook to create a mystery that won't be resolved until book 6 of the series.
 
This week, from October 5th-8th, there's a free writers' summit by Pages & Platforms called Write Anyway. The focus of the summit is to address the obstacles and mindsets writers struggle with when trying to write. From writer's block to having ADHD to having a busy life and more, the speakers delve into these challenges and provide ways to help writers move beyond them.

The summit is free to participate in, but there's also an All-Access pass people can purchase if they want to keep the videos to view again later on, and they get various other perks too. The videos of the talks are available to watch for 24 hours after they debut for the free version, though.

I signed up for the free version, and I think many of these talks could be interesting to learn from, since I struggle greatly with wanting to write but being stuck all the time in one way or another. Even simple writing ideas can be a challenge to put down. Hopefully this summit will help!

Here's the link for more information and to sign up, if anyone's interested: https://na01.safelinks.protection.o...EDpD9q5xHEmZI606nxaLNdwJBxAePpvRw=&reserved=0

There will also be another summit in a couple weeks, on October 17th-21st, called Escape the Plot Forest, hosted by Daniel Wallace. I'm looking forward to it too!
 
Next week's free conference: https://forest.plotsummit.com/
****
Unrelated topic. This is weird, but still true. For some reason, I edit differently when I do so on a paper copy versus in the word processor document. It is as if I see different things. Strange, eh? I just finished a 10 chapter paper edit, now I need to move the changes into the word processor document. Whew!
Plus, I have a list of things to consider that are too big to handle via a paper copy, at least for me. Still, it's major progress!

I wrote these chapters about 2 years ago. I've learned so much about writing since then, so now I see things that I couldn't see before.
When I finish this batch, I'll have 6 chapters to go. One is half-rewritten already. I know I have some larger rewrites on some of the remaining 5. My plan is to be done with them by the end of October, if possible.
 
Just finished up and sent those 10 chapters to my editor. There are 5 more chapters to the book, plus an earlier one that I still need to finish re-writing. And, of course, the 20,000-word appendices, but they will go pretty quickly. Much of it lists of people, places, and words.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top