• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What does this tattoo in 🧝Elvish mean?

mimihendrix

New Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2015
Messages
1
12341080_10208588212812417_6445057095048624011_n.jpg
Can someone translate this into English?
 
If it were Quenya, it would transliterate something like this:

fy ldkmp v yrdkw hf yk yrdwk

There are no tehtar and thus no vowels, unless it were a "full" Tengwar mode where the vowels are spelled out with tengwar, not tehtar, but the only letter in the entire phrase which could be working as a vowel is Yanta, which appears several times, but the second word is all consonants.....so unless I'm missing something that more experienced Tengwar practitioners would notice, I'd say it's nonsense, mere gibberish. If not, someone please correct me, and I'll learn something from it.
 
Last edited:
It says: el jar y luz de la luna.

But it's a typical mistake made by people not knowing Tengwar. When you install the Tengwar font by Dan Smith, you need a conversion programme to convert ordinary text into Tengwar.
When you type on your keyboard without such a conversion programme you get such gibberish.
I can read it because I know the mistake, to a Tengwar scholar it's however an abomination especially as a tattoo!
 

Today's events

Back
Top