• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What happened to Sting?

OOH....WOW... but a little out of my price range...but hey i can still fantasize about having one of them hehehe But oh how i would love to have one

-Flame
 
Shadowfax

From the first version of the Epilogue published in HoMe IX: Sauron Defeated: From the second version:
 
I am not so sure. I believe the Mouth of Sauron brought out Frodo's Elven cloak and mithril coat. It doesn't say that he brought out Sting. And that is because after Frodo got stung by Shelob and Sam thought him to be dead, Sam took the ring and Sting. I am pretty sure that Sam had Sting. But i will have to re-read that part and make sure.

-Flame
 
Yeah I'm sure thats what happened. Um what happened to Gurthang after Turin's death? It would be cool to reforge it.
 
Heya.. Sam Gamgee, How could sting be inside Barad-Dur if it were never put heir. Recently I re-read The Retun of the King and it said that Sam still had Sting when he a and Frodo reached
Mount Doom.Also, Frdo had Sting in the Scouring of the Shire at hte near end of the book!!!!!!!!!!!1
 
Sam has sting in The Two Towers Sam takes it because he thinks Frodo is dead. Later on in the combo on page 933 it says Frodo took Sam's sword and on page 934 it says "Sting I gave to you Sam." If you wanna check for yourself look its in the chapter The Field Of Cormallen when they are at the feast thing. I may be wrong but i coulda sworn Sam had or has it.
 
Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…