Flame of Anor
Going thru the Wardrobe
- Joined
- May 24, 2002
- Messages
- 519
OOH....WOW... but a little out of my price range...but hey i can still fantasize about having one of them
hehehe But oh how i would love to have one
-Flame
-Flame

From the second version:‘About horses,’ said Merry. ‘How many horses did the Riders lose in the battle, and have they grown lots more? And what happened to Legolas’s horse? And what did Gandalf do with Shadowfax? And can I have a pony soon?’ he ended breathlessly.
‘That’s a lot more than one question: you’re worse than Gollum,’ said Sam. ‘You’re going to have a pony next birthday, as I’ve told you before. Legolas let his horse run back free to Rohan from Isengard; and the Riders have more horses than ever, because nobody steals them any longer; and Shadowfax went in the White Ship with Gandalf: of course Gandalf couldn’t have a’ left him behind. Now that’ll have to do. No more questions. At least not till after supper.’
Q. Horses. Merry is interested in these; very anxious for a pony of his own. How many horses did the Riders lose in the battles, and have they got some more now? What happened to Legolas's horse? What did Gandalf do with Shadowfax?
A. Shadowfax went in the White Ship with Gandalf, of course. I saw that myself. I also saw Legolas let his horse run free back to Rohan from Isengard. Mr. Meriadoc says he does not know how many horses were lost; but there are more than ever in Rohan now, because no one steals them any longer. The Riders also have many ponies, especially in Harrowdale: white, brown, and grey. Next year when he comes back from a visit to King Éomer he means to bring one for his namesake.
I am not so sure. I believe the Mouth of Sauron brought out Frodo's Elven cloak and mithril coat. It doesn't say that he brought out Sting. And that is because after Frodo got stung by Shelob and Sam thought him to be dead, Sam took the ring and Sting. I am pretty sure that Sam had Sting. But i will have to re-read that part and make sure.Originally posted by Sam_Gamgee
Yeah in the appendecies it says shagrat brought frodo's clothes and belonings to barad dur. so sting is in the dark tower.
................it directly says weapons
but this means if sam never took the ring before frodo was carried off.........it would be in the hands of sauron.