• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What if Boromir.....

LordOfMoria

Balin Son of Fundin
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
292
What do you guys think if Boromir had not died in the trilogy, movies or books. I was watching TTT EE yesterday and i came acroos this in my mind. I figured that he would embrace Aragorn and fight by his side, no matter the peril. What do u people think?
 
I am a firm believer that Boromir would never want to see Frodo again so long as he possessed the ring, for he knew of his weakness to it. The man was filled with grief over attempting to take the ring and fought for his redemption, he's not going to risk that again. He would have been a great ally to Aragorn and there's no doubt in my mind he would have served Aragorn without question.

The question I'd like to ask is would he have accepted that Merry and Pippin were safe in Fangorn or gone after them still? And after Helm's Deep would he have ridden with the Rohirrim to Minas Tirith or taken the Paths of the Dead with Aragorn?

And just a little side note of my own, I cry like a ninny every time I see Boromir die on screen, Sean Bean played the man to perfection.
 
He would have followed Aragorn, but his ultimate fate would not likely be much different. Boromir was a very proud and noble man, and I think that his shame at betraying the Fellowship's faith would drive him to his death in order to atone for his failure, much as with what happened defending Merry and Pippin.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top