TrickOrTreat
New Member
- Joined
- Aug 26, 2018
- Messages
- 5
Okay, I've been playing The Witcher III a lot recently, in fact it has become one of my favourite video games, but this made me think, why hasn't there been a good video game set in Middle Earth and what type of video game would it be? Any ideas, what would you ideal video game in Middle Earth be?
I think that if done in the style of The Witcher or even The Elder Scrolls it could make a very competent RPG. Now I must say that I would want this to do justice to the book and to be a very accurate adaptation, Nothing like Peter Jackson's films where entire chapters were omitted. Imagine playing as Gandalf finding yourself in Dol Guldur and getting the key and map of Erebor,
doing quests to find out who this belongs to, eventually finding Thorin and playing out the events of the books. I think that it could also be done in a manner similar to GTA V where you can take control of multiple characters, so for example there could be a stealth quest involving Bilbo trying to get the trolls wallet or navigating the caverns of the Orcs in the Misty Mountains.
Just some ideas, what'd you guys think?
I think that if done in the style of The Witcher or even The Elder Scrolls it could make a very competent RPG. Now I must say that I would want this to do justice to the book and to be a very accurate adaptation, Nothing like Peter Jackson's films where entire chapters were omitted. Imagine playing as Gandalf finding yourself in Dol Guldur and getting the key and map of Erebor,
doing quests to find out who this belongs to, eventually finding Thorin and playing out the events of the books. I think that it could also be done in a manner similar to GTA V where you can take control of multiple characters, so for example there could be a stealth quest involving Bilbo trying to get the trolls wallet or navigating the caverns of the Orcs in the Misty Mountains.
Just some ideas, what'd you guys think?

