joxy
Well-Known Member
- Joined
- Aug 21, 2002
- Messages
- 3,166
If I have skewed them, then you haven't read what I said:Originally posted by Ciryaher
You have completely skewed my intentions.
I said that the words weren't set in stone because adaptations shouldn't follow a work word for word.
When would there be a better time to say something humorous? When shouldn't a dwarf be more concerned with his pride than when he's in danger?
that MOST of the film IS pretty much as the author wrote, which you seem to be saying is not a good thing for a film to be.
A time when the whole company are in great danger, pursued by vicious enemies, the orcs and the Balrog, taking massive risks to their lives in leaping the chasm, is a good time to be humorous, to throw in a couple of comic lines that could have come from "Snow White"? I ask you..


