• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Who here hates 🧝Legolas?

*Gandalf has an odd feeling that this thread will soon be shut down for flaming if some people don't clean up their act*

Calm down everyone! There is no need to get violent over this!


In the books Legolas is as likeable as anyone else. My only objection to him in the movies is all the girls equating Legolas with Orlando Bloom. I don't know why, it just gets on my nerves.

I really can't see how you can hate elves and love LotR. Elves are Iluvatar's firstborn, those who walked before the sun and moon. They are fair beyond any race in Middle Earth.

As to Legolas' hair color, it is never revealed.
 
Last edited:

Your darn right. Watch what you say people, or this thread is goin bye bye.

A Message from the area Mod.

~MacAddict
 
Okay, whoever thinks ORlando Bloom is a sissy-boy is insane. Have you heard about how many bones he's broken?! Okay, maybe they could have gotten someone better for LOTR. But don't get all up on Orlando for it.
 
I too am confused by the term "sissy boy." I think it is used because some are jealous of his good looks.

Sky-diving, etc. doesn't seem "sissy" to me.


P.S. How embarassing, MacAddict quoted my mis-spelling of 'people' before I could fix it.
 
Frankly people, you guys are cracking me up.

And Elves aren't dumb.

'Oh, I don't like the elves because they have long blonde hair!' 'I don't like the elves because they are noble', you sound like a bunch of uppity Bracegirdles!

Snorts!
 
Originally posted by Jav
MacAddict...did I say anything?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmhhhmmmmmmmm, yeah. No more of this Elves are Stooopid stuff, while I may agree *cough, cough* its not fair and or nice to the people who love elves.

~MacAddict
 
The people who love elves shoud stay out of this thread...the name is "Who here hates Legolas" not "Who here loves Legolas."
 
All elf haters need to go to "Jav N Azog's House of Pain". It is found in "Other guilds and Societies." Check it out.
 
Yeah, it is awesome. It has some of the most interesting and painful torture sessions. We just got finished with Elrond, and are working our way to Arwen. Come and see what happens to her.
 
Just to throw some fuel in the fire. . . . ()

Orlando Bloom made the perfect Legolas. He is the only person in FotR that fits my picture of the book character perfectly. The rest aren't quite right, some close, but not right.

However, I hate it how girls oooo and ahhh over him. A lot of girls run from admitting that Orlando makes a good Legolas simply because they do not wish to be associated with the oooing and ahhing group. IMO, Orlando does his job extremely well. Other than that, he's just an actor.
 
I agree with you, Nenya. That was well said. I think some guys just hate the character Legolas now, because of the movies! Some girls do go a little overboard! But, that shouldn't be a reason for people to hate Legolas or Orlando.
Also, what really has upset me is that some girls have become Lord of the Rings fans just because of Orlando/Legolas. Not, because they actually love it like others! That is when I become upset: not at Orlando or Legolas. But, at the "love" sick girls.
 
Legolas is AWESOME

Orlando Bloom was the best choice for Legolas in LOTR. I think that he's the coolest actor ever. Legolas is my favorite character!
 
hmmmmmmm

did ne 1 notice that in LOTR all the elves use the same shampoo?? neway, I think that Orlando Bloom did a good job of playing Legolas
 
lol. Legolas is the man. Orlando Bloom did great. Some say he looked to cute in the movie. Um.. he is an ELF. Elves are supposed to be.
 
They are supposed to be fascinating and beautiful and not cute
 
Originally posted by elithraniel

Also, what really has upset me is that some girls have become Lord of the Rings fans just because of Orlando/Legolas. Not, because they actually love it like others!


i never heard any truer words spoken (or typed in this case.)

i had invited a couple of my closest friends (that like LoTR) to go see Two Towers. THese 3 girls were begging us to take them too, just because Orlando Bloom was in it. THey didn't ride with us, but somehow ended up going to the movies, and sitting next to us. The whole entire time, they were talking about Orlando, they weren't even paying attention to the movie and were constantly asking me and my friends what was happening (but only when Orli was on the screen). But the worst thing was, everytime Legolas would come on the screen they would start yelling, WE LOVE YOU... then they'd ask me or one of my other friends what his name in the movie was ... LEGOLAS!
 
I like Legolas and Orlando Bloom, but I hate (ok, dislike) all those girls ooing and awing over him, just 'cause he "looks hot" or is "sooo cute." I'm sick of it. But I think it's good that that everyone has picked a favorite thing or person in LotR.


I meant this in no offense to anyone.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…