• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Who is the oldest? Bombadil or Treebeard

Who is older?

  • Tom Bombadil

    Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Treebeard/Fangorn

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    14
Maybe he can't resist the cute girlie you're hiding so well and is just being flirtatious... :D

*ducks*
 
Last edited:
*ponders this*

Hmm....
I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Probably not such a good thing since he is younger than my brother Wonko.
 
Originally posted by Walter
Maybe he can't resist the cute girlie you're hiding so well and is just being flirtatious... :D

*ducks*

Uh, no Walter, uncalled for I'm afraid! :p

Wonko the Sane, for your information, according to some of the girls at my school, I am a Hugh Grant look-a-like, so, I like to think it is a good thing. How old is wonko?
 
AAH! Hugh Grant!! He's the epitome of sexy Englishness...

AAH.

It's too bad you're so much younger than I am...

My brother's 17.
 
Originally posted by Grond
I'm certainly not wise but I am old. Grond the Hammer of the Underworld was born in the year of our Lord 1954. I will be 48 in less than a month.

My birthday is available in my user profile BTW.
Grond,
I have greatly enjoyed all your posts that I have seen so far. I am new to the forum but I must disagree with your characterization as old. I will buy old for oh say 95 or so. The forties? Hey that is merely Summertime shouldering on Fall. After all if you were a hobbit you would only just be a short ways beyond those irresponsible tweens. Keep on posting! :)
 
From what I've gathered from your posts hobbitfriend, is that you may prove a worthy adversary in the future.
 
A worth adversary to you, Ulairi? You pick fights with everbody.

And anyway, you may find just any ol' person a worthy adversary, but let me assure you, I'd venture to guess that there are quite a few out there, myself included, who take you far less seriously.
 
I disagree, I believe many people take me very seriously.
 
*cough* *cough* *cough*

Hmmmmm, guess I caught a cold at diving... ;)
 
Guess I won't take you seriously anymore then Walter.
 
There has been protracted discussion in other forums and such that Bombadil might well be the physical manifestation of Manwë and that Tolkien had made mention of this, perhaps in the letter, but I have yet to find any reference to this idea anywhere...
 
Tom's leg is game, since home he came,
And his bootless foot is lasting lame;

Hmmm, an angel with a lame foot, maybe a hoof...now where have we met this before?
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top