- Joined
- Apr 9, 2018
- Messages
- 11,362
I take it you're referring to this. 😆

I suppose that could be the source... but I read it presented in print in some of my recent researches. I believe when I was working on the Eagles.I take it you're referring to this. 😆
Glad to see someone a bit (or a lot) more experienced is in agreement with this!Indeed. We must remember that "the ring was trying to return to its master". And that "a great deal of Sauron's power was put into the ring." So much so that at its destruction, Sauron became, essentially, nothingness.
Therefore, the ring of itself made many of its own 'decisions' as it were...who it would choose, how it would return, etc.
In such a case, the range for our speculation increases exponentially with no clear answer possible.
As Tolkien himself once responded when he was asked a particular recurring question in an interview - one for whcih there is no reasonable answer other than pure speculation - according to the reporter, his response to the question and questioner, after some thought, was simply - "shut up". (He was quite tired of that particular question..!!)
Yes, when Ent first logged on, he was unaware he could be himself, so he assumed a 'name of men' . That is one of his very earliest posts... within 4 days of joining, before he knew even what little he thinks he knows now.you were once L Ray Hedberg?