• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Why was 🧝Arwen dying?

Sauron supposedly showed Aragorn this vision of Arwen in her dying state (the dying that Elrond mentioned). This seems to have occured by her choosing to become mortal. I was saying that I'm mortal, yet I'm not lying anywhere pale and lifeless. Therefore, there's not a logical solution to Arwen seeming to be dying in ROTK.
 
Ah ha, right. I thought you were quoting from a book that was specifically about the film. Oh well
 
Ireally dont know anymore what i am talking about. Cause his book(s) has/have pictures from the movie, so ...
 
So is the book you have about the LOTR book or film? Because we've seen how certain facts are changed for the film book releases.
 
Arwen is ill because the ring is not destroyed(dont aks me, aks PJ). Elrond tellas this to Aragorn when he hands him Anduril(no,not at rivendell, when he makes that suprise visit(Hey Aragorn ol' buddy! I was just in the neiborhoud(oh, by the way i have this for you)) at Aragorn's camp).
Now Aragorn has one more reason to destroy sacrifice himself to destruct Sauron so Frodo can destroy the ring. that reason is that Arwen can afterwards liva a happy mortal life with or without her husband. Ooops did I say mortal life? I meant Immortal life in the West. She was heading there, right? (but why was she heading there if she was already mortaL and getting sick?).



This post may well be as confused as a PJ movie!
 
Arwen dying?????????

Hey Saermegil!

Arwen had made a decision to go to Undying Lands, but then she had a vision of her son on the way to Grey Port. Then she came back to Rivendell and that is all began. Cause she at that point decided (Well she did it when she saw her son in a vision) to become mortal. Remember the book slipping from her hands? It started just right there. At least this is how i interprEted it.

MOVIE IS FANTASTIC!!!!!
I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARAGORN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks for the explanation,MemorableArwen. I propably missed all that by being shocked by what PJ did to the story, especially regarding Arwen.
 
Arwen dying?????????

"You are welcome! But maybe others have their interpretation. So mine may be wrong. All the same we are here to discuss this "important" questions.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…