Kiredor
Member
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2022
- Messages
- 151
Fair enough.I don't watch it. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to commentate on it. Being apathetic means allowing quality to drop and is how you get bad products and bad policy.
![]()
I get it. RoP is based on LOTR, etc. However, when it is assumed they kill off a character who is not dead, (Celeborn) it begs the question of how much artistic license should be acceptable. Granted, Celeborn was a non-essential character, but there are references he is still alive, at least in the year 171 of the 4rd Age (sailing in the last ship with Cirdan the shipwright).
However, in RoP, Galadriel states that after Celeborn went to war, she never saw him again (Foreshadowing something?). That might suggest he's not dead; only that she thinks he died. Maybe he will turn up later.
