
I already have the 2003 edition (illustrated by Ted Nasmith), which looks very much like a companion to my 2002 three-volume (continuously paginated) edition of LoTR, illustrated by Alan Lee (though the copyright of the Alan Lee illustrations is given as 1991). At over 500 pages in the same format, it tops even RoTK by over 90 pages. That brick looks like a one-volume-edition of LoTR!. Unless it's a seriously different format from the 252 by 200 millimeters (about 10 by 8 inches) of my 2003 edition, they must have stuffed it with - well, what? 🤨Will this be of the third revised edition from 2003, I wonder, or a new 4th?
My 2003 edition has 514 pages, plus Roman numerals up to 12 (xii) at the beginning.Looks like there will be the usual two editions; I assume this will be the "regular" edition, due in August:
Both are listed as having 512 pages