• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Witches' Inn in the forest ....? any guess

micheloni

New Member
Joined
May 29, 2021
Messages
3
hello there,

thanks for checking in and any help for my strange question.

we've been watching the hobbit saga ... and it brought back to me the memory of a film or tv show I once saw. but i simply cant remeber what it was and cannot find infos on this part of the plot, or any kind of hints.
I was hoping maybe one of you might know what I mean.

the movie or less likely tv show, was a kind of similar setting as in lotr ... a journeying band or group of people, dont remeber if it was dwarves also ... maybe a figur like aragon or boromir with them.

but, the main plot event was like this:
a group of people, this band, is travelling around and ends up in a kind of forest. they come to an inn, and I think I remeber right that the inn was somehow run only by women. the plot goes on, that these women or only the leader of them tries to seduce the members of the travelling band. but the goal of this seduction would be to kill them. somehow like evil witches, but i am not sure anymore about that.
it leads to a fight i guess, in which the mentioned band has to survive. maybe the band were demons in disguise. i dont know ...

so, does anyone of you have any kind of idea what story and movie that could be?

this sequence with the witches' inn ... or guest house is maybe not so long. it could be lotr, game of thrones or some kind of lotr rip off / sequel.
i have totally forgotten, but i would like to find out what it was.

so, basically journey, woods, forest, inn, wo,en, witches, seduction, fight ... somehow.


thank you so much if you know anything. and might free me from this spell of remebering ... ; )

thanks
michael
 
Well...my dear, you even haven't given the detailed settings XD. Such as, was it during the Kin-Strife's Gondor, or so forth XD
 
well, my dear.
I have no idea. I was looking for a place where I could find people who are interested in fantasy ... books and movies. and who might know the plot ... just like that. maybe somebody will help.

thanks
 
Welcome to the forum, micheloni.

Can you recall the language this was in? Or perhaps an idea of how old it was?
 
hello,
thanks.

well, I think I can definetely remember it was a kind of "blockbuster" movie ... in english, and I might have thought all the time: well, this is like a lord of the rings for children ... or something like that. maybe I am wrong there. but I think it had a similar setting: this band of comrades, a prince, a king, a dwarf, etc. ...
or maybe it was just a short sequence in game of thrones ...?! sorry. it's pretty vague. but if the scene really was there, it could be clear to someone who knows the movie.

as said: forest _ journeying party _ arriving at a kind of inn, that is run by women _ who seem to be witches in disguise _ who try to seduce the gang (sexually and with booze) _ and the band has to beware to resist _ otherwise they would fall into the trap ... kind of.
 
Hmm, well, if it was in GoT, I'msure someone here can nail it down for you.

Not me, though -- I must be the only person here who hasn't watched it! 😣


How long ago was this, BTW?
 
Last edited:
...
well, I think I can definetely remember it was a kind of "blockbuster" movie ... in english, and I might have thought all the time: well, this is like a lord of the rings for children ...
What might help: do you remember if you saw it before or after PJ's LoTR trilogy of films 2001-03? Better yet, if it was first shown before or after?
 
No, not in Game of Thrones, sorry... seen them all! What if it was a magical dream you had? Just a thought, as I often remember things I think i've seen on film then I realise it was a great dream I had, or a short story that I wrote lol
 
It's not one of the Harryhausen movies, taken from Greek mythology?
 
hello,
thanks.

well, I think I can definetely remember it was a kind of "blockbuster" movie ... in english,
Just trying to chip away possibilities ...
Was it a live-action film or (entirely) animation of some sort?

... and I might have thought all the time: well, this is like a lord of the rings for children ...

_ who seem to be witches in disguise _ who try to seduce the gang (sexually and with booze) _
Just noticed this the third or fourth time around - I doubt that this combination would fit into the same film. 😵
 
The OP hasn't been back since registration day, but we can keep guessing, if you want. Maybe I'll move the thread to the Mad Badger. 😁

I was thinking it might have been in here, since the books were LOTR clones:


In the course of looking for youtube clips under variations of "wicthes inn" and the like, I came across this, which can't possibly be it -- but now I want to see the movie:

That is one seductive-looking witch! 😍
 
Doubtful. Nice song, though. 😊

Kermitbanjorainbow-1.jpg
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top