• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Witches' Inn in the forest ....? any guess

a group of people, this band, is travelling around and ends up in a kind of forest. they come to an inn, and I think I remeber right that the inn was somehow run only by women. the plot goes on, that these women or only the leader of them tries to seduce the members of the travelling band. but the goal of this seduction would be to kill them. somehow like evil witches, but i am not sure anymore about that.
it leads to a fight i guess, in which the mentioned band has to survive. maybe the band were demons in disguise. i dont know
There’s this from Conan, 1982.

This from Monty Python, 1975

And this.

And this. (Can’t find a clip online any longer)
MontyPythonAndTheHolyGrail-0l54LunD-subtitled.jpg


Oh, and this!
 
The OP hasn't been back since registration day, but we can keep guessing, if you want. Maybe I'll move the thread to the Mad Badger. 😁

I was thinking it might have been in here, since the books were LOTR clones:


In the course of looking for youtube clips under variations of "wicthes inn" and the like, I came across this, which can't possibly be it -- but now I want to see the movie:

That is one seductive-looking witch! 😍
Got a "not available" message for both clips. :(
 
Hmm. Well, you can try a youtube search for "The White-haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom", if you're interested. I'll just resort to stills:

56092c46b152e493263fd44cc15c5d6d.png

The-White-Haired-Witch-Of-The-Lunar-Kingdom-eastern-cinema-37958574-666-282.png

The-White-Haired-Witch-Of-The-Lunar-Kingdom-chinese-movies-37947634-602-286.png
 
The only movie I can remember with anything close to that was one I saw in the early 80s. Hawk the Slayer. He assembles a fellowship consisting of a giant, an elf and a dwarf. It wasn’t an inn full of witches, but an abbey or convent full of nuns in that one, if memory serves. Now I’m gonna have to track it down and watch it again!
 
Wrong. So that makes two old farts who have given GoT a bye. :cool:
Make that 3 - sorry, 4. I have watched less than 1 minute of GOT, and read not a word of ASOIAF. OTOH, I am on page 377 of WOT, out of 11,963.

The only movie I can remember with anything close to that was one I saw in the early 80s. Hawk the Slayer. He assembles a fellowship consisting of a giant, an elf and a dwarf. It wasn’t an inn full of witches, but an abbey or convent full of nuns in that one, if memory serves. Now I’m gonna have to track it down and watch it again!
It sounds a bit like Krull (not to be confused with Kull of Atlantis, or with Conan). Krull has a "glaive" - more accurately, a throwing star.
 
Last edited:
OTOH, I am on page 377 of WOT, out of 11,963.
I'll give a wild guess at the first two words: "World of ...". But as my fantasy reading is practically limited to JRRT, I'm stumped for the rest.
I might even remain stumped after you provide the third word ... 😬
 
I'll give a wild guess at the first two words: "World of ...". But as my fantasy reading is practically limited to JRRT, I'm stumped for the rest.
I might even remain stumped after you provide the third word ... 😬
Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I haven't read it yet but the series is apparently amazing and my favorite modern author, Brandon Sanderson, finished the series when Jordan passed away. And Amazon is developing a series for it too.
 
Yup, me too lol. I read the first three, couldn't get through book 4 and figure he's never going to finish anyways...ten years later and the latest book has been 'forthcoming' forever. Meanwhile he does all kinds of side-projects and then writes in his blog about how much he loves the NY Jets but can't finish a book, not that I'm an author but quit promising something and then not finishing it.

1630082123006.png


Last time he mentioned Winds of Winter was February, 2021. With the pandemic/being isolated, I get 2020 being a good year to write but it took nine years to be the "most productive"? I think personally he has no idea how to end the series since fans hated the ending of the show so much so he's just delaying until he either does finish or passes away, then it'll never be finished.
 
OTOH, I am on page 377 of WOT, out of 11,963.
I'll give a wild guess at the first two words: "World of ...". But as my fantasy reading is practically limited to JRRT, I'm stumped for the rest.
I might even remain stumped after you provide the third word ... 😬
Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I haven't read it yet but the series is apparently amazing and my favorite modern author, Brandon Sanderson, finished the series when Jordan passed away. And Amazon is developing a series for it too.
And I was still stumped until I snooped in Wiki. Never heard of the series that I can remember.
But the early 1990's was when I really started digging deeper into Middle-earth, what with that huge haul of JRRT-related books that I hauled home from a three-week vacation to Ireland (including several volumes of HoMe), by own car with a pretty big trunk. Now I get a nervous tic when my wife and I are out shopping in our pedestrians-only shopping streets and I espy a jewelry shop up ahead. During that vacation, she started tugging on my sleeve and trying to distract me whenever a bookstore threatened - mostly to no avail. ;)
 
Last edited:

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top