• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Your Theories on Stuff

I think when GOG Galaxy gets Linux support. That Linux will rule the world on PCs by... 2030 :) my Conspiracy prediction
 
(...)
(by the way, I'm ignoring you and your other sock puppet accounts)
I'm not sure if you meant me (maybe you didn't and I'm being paranoid), but just to be clear, @Alexander Scamilton isn't an alt account of mine, or vise versa. We're friends, and we knew each other before either of us joined TTF (although I joined a year or so before she did). Both of us are also friends with @Elwing the White. We've met in real life, we even watched War of the Rohirrim together when it first came out. We follow each other because we're friends. We don't share accounts or anything like that. Just wanted to make sure that was clear, in case there was any confusion.
 
I was informed I'm still being mentioned in this thread so I unignored scam for a moment to respond...

My conspiracy theory is that @Vardarianna and @Alexander Scamilton are friends, and just trolling rest of us.

A clearly debunked conspiracy.... though I have friends everywhere.


I'm not sure if you meant me (maybe you didn't and I'm being paranoid), but just to be clear, @Alexander Scamilton isn't an alt account of mine, or vise versa. We're friends, and we knew each other before either of us joined TTF (although I joined a year or so before she did). Both of us are also friends with @Elwing the White. We've met in real life, we even watched War of the Rohirrim together when it first came out. We follow each other because we're friends. We don't share accounts or anything like that. Just wanted to make sure that was clear, in case there was any confusion.

Didn't mean you, but thanks for letting me know.
 
I have a theory that voldemorts face is flat cuz he ran into the wrong wall.
I thought it was a side effect of him splitting his soul into 8 pieces. Because if I remember correctly, when Harry sees memories of him in the pensive (book 6) he sees Voldemort grow more grotesque over time, as he makes more horcruxes.
 
If anything, the list are more like 'conspiracy hypothesis'.

  • A hypothesis is an assumption made before any research has been done. It is formed so that it can be tested to see if it might be true.
  • A theory is a principle formed to explain the things already shown in data. Because of the rigors of experiment and control, it is much more likely that a theory will be true than a hypothesis.


I am not sure I agree, it might be just a labelling thing, but one that comes to mind is string theory, not string hypothesis. There is zero experimental evidence or data, so maybe it should be considered an hypothesis but they call it string theory, or superstring theory or M theory (they are related but not the same).
 

Similar threads

Back
Top