I and some others here are amateur astronomers... myself since I was 10.Even the moon is 1.3 seconds farther in its travel than what we see - the sun 8 minutes and 20 seconds.
The planets we think we 'see'? much farther away from where we believe we 'see' them. Pluto for instance - 4.6 to 5.5 hours, varying due to Earth's elliptical orbit among other factors. 93 million miles (roughly) is a long ways for reflected light to travel.
The stars we think we're 'finding' now? We are "seeing" what WAS, thousands and thousands of years ago. They may well no longer exist - and the excitement of "seeing the death of a star" in fairly recent history? Nope. We finally "saw" the end of a star that died a very, very long time ago.
Ent wonders how many people ponder this.
Well....first, the figures are correct. But don't take my word for it... look it up.I think there is something fundamentally wrong with those figures. If light from Andromeda has be travelling through space all this time, with all the other stars and galaxies, then why is the sky still dark at night.
Wouldn't all that light since the beginning of time accumulate and make the sky as light as day, or if it dissipated and faded wouldn't that be missing from from the scientific calculations?
omigosh....I have motion sickness...just reading about your sitting at the Poles and rotating made me very...ummm... ...queasy. 🤢If Ent could have ONE thing on this earth in this life he would really like, it would be to take a seat on the North pole, then the South pole, and 'rotate in place' without spatial movement. (Although in truth, only one micropoint of the Ent would actually rotate without spacial movement. All other parts would have some spacial element of movement still.)
Space is expanding, no help from starlight needed.I see what you mean. On the grand scale of things billions and trillions of stars doesn't amount to very much. As if it was the energy in the starlight causing space to expand!
Unless you're in that relative minority group of scientists, engineers, and mathemetitions whose theory - proven by science and mathematics of course - is that the universe has flipped, and is now actually contracting.Space is expanding, no help from the stars needed.
Oh not to worry. It takes you 24 hours to make a full rotation, so you'll hardly note the motion. What you will see, though, is the sky slowly turning overhead - the same sky day after day, without change, turning, turning, turning.... of course the view from the North Pole, with the North Star directly overhead, is different from the view from the South Pole... but they would revolve nicely. Most fascinating.omigosh....I have motion sickness...just reading about your sitting at the Poles and rotating made me very...ummm... ...queasy.
Is this an aspect of the oscillating universe model?Unless you're in that relative minority group of scientists, engineers, and mathemetitions whose theory - proven by science and mathematics of course - is that the universe has flipped, and is now actually contracting.
To be honest, Sir Deimos, I would need to probe it further to answer your question.Is this an aspect of the oscillating universe model?
No... I can look it up...it just reminded me of the expansion, contraction,expansion, contraction ad infinitum theory from the mid 20th C. (or maybe a little earlier)To be honest, Sir Deimos, I would need to probe it further to answer your question.
And to be even more honest, I have not felt it worth the time and/or energy to pursue. I'd rather just sit at a pole and rotate. It seems far more understandable to me.
That said, I do have access to an engineer who has pursued it some, and if you wish, I could try.
That 'current theory" has been around since 1929... first proposed by Hubble.It is very likely that is the source. There are 3 phases or potentials.... it is somewhat 'older' similar to the 'flat earth' theory, but still has its scholarly clientele.
The 3 possibilities include: (says AI)...
Current theory actually tends to say the expansion of the universe is ACCELERATING - a most intriguing concept.
- Big Crunch – expansion slows, stops, reverses, everything collapses
- Big Bounce – collapse leads to a new expansion
- Cyclic models – repeated expansions and contractions
Uh, why to which part? 😅 Why would I think that? Or why would they create a simulation?Why?
Conspiracy theory: Ents aren’t actually slow. They just pretend to be.Ent does think, however, the title of this thread shouldn't be 'consipracy theories' but just 'theories.'
Most of what's being spoken of, frankly, is not related to 'conspiracy' of any kind.
Conspiracy definition: "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."
Conspiracy Theory definition: "explanation of an event or situation involving unwarranted belief that it is caused by a conspiracy among powerful forces"
There are, of course, other definitions as well. But a general 'trait' of a conspiracy is the issue of doing harm, hiding truth, etc. and so forth.
What if I'm the alien? What if I'm apart of this advanced species that are super smart? And I'm giving you your religions and tech n stuff? Better start showing some respect.Another conspiracy theory of mine is that we're all living in a simulation created by aliens, or beings outside of our concept of reality, and that they designed all the laws of physics, gave us our religions, etc.
K, I will change it. People just slowly veered into theories, but thats completely fine with me. Anything that makes ppl happy. And gets a conversation going.Ent does think, however, the title of this thread shouldn't be 'consipracy theories' but just 'theories.'
Most of what's being spoken of, frankly, is not related to 'conspiracy' of any kind.
Conspiracy definition: "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."
Conspiracy Theory definition: "explanation of an event or situation involving unwarranted belief that it is caused by a conspiracy among powerful forces"
There are, of course, other definitions as well. But a general 'trait' of a conspiracy is the issue of doing harm, hiding truth, etc. and so forth.
Conspiracy theory: Ents are actually slow. They just pretend not to be. HahahaConspiracy theory: Ents aren’t actually slow. They just pretend to be.
I like the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy book theory, that bunch of lunatics was transported with a spaceship that crashed on Earth, and then they paired with monkeys, and this is how humans are created.Another conspiracy theory of mine is that we're all living in a simulation created by aliens, or beings outside of our concept of reality, and that they designed all the laws of physics, gave us our religions, etc.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?