• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

oooooh, pretty! Elgee likes the 👁️eye!

Do you like the eye?

  • Yes. . .

    Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No, I feel like I'm being watched

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I love being watched

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huh? What? Where?

    Votes: 10 43.5%

  • Total voters
    23

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Joined
Dec 17, 2001
Messages
7,750
I don't know if it has been this way for awhile and I just haven't noticed it because of my slow computer, but I really like the Eye that appears in the address bar on my internet explorer. It really makes the forum stand out on my history.

Good show!
 
That's a speech bubble Elgee ;)

...I told Dave about a month ago it looked horrible. But now that you mention it, we should add an Eye, shouldn't we?
 
*Hahahehehe*

I hadn't really noticed it before, but I like it! :eek: :D

(Maybe a ring would work as well if they had too change it...) ;)
 
It isn't an eye? It looks like an eye! I think it is an eye, and I want it to be an eye, and as far as I am concerned it is an eye.

So there!

;)
 
I never really looked at it close enough. I guess it could be an eye. An eye would be cool.

I wouldn't mind something Lord-of-the-Ringish for a favorite-icon, either.
 
There's a lot you could do with it, if we had the time. The little green light that says whether someone is online or not, for instance? That could be an eye or a ring or a star or something. . .but of course, the mods have "real" stuff to do too. ..
 
I love that eye. It is not an eye, it is a circle but it is good thing. We can see if someone is online. When I posted in the threads sometimes I want to see if my opponents are online. This 'eye' helps me.
Maybe a Ring is better. It will be Tolkien related. ;)
 
I think you are refering to the "online" button by the user name. The thing I am refering to showed up in the address bar.
 
I cant see a i in my history or in my adress bar, but then again i am using a old windows '95 computer so i doubt if anything would work :(
But if w2e do have somthing, maybe a silmarli, i mean all one rings look so movie-ish.
 
I think you are refering to the "online" button by the user name. The thing I am refering to showed up in the address bar.
Then I can't see it. Maybe because of the Yahoooooo. Anyway.... Look at my avatar. Hahahah :D
 
Sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't, with no particular rhyme or reason.
 
I didn't vote because there wasn't an option conveying what I feel about it.
It's not that I feel I'm watched over by it and it's scary, but it isn't too related to Tolkien, whom we have dedicated all our reading to. A suitable icon for us would be a pipe, showing that we like to sit and have a good long conversion.
 
But it isn't associated with Tolkien's works in any way except for Sauron's eye. And I do not want us to be associated with Sauron's eye.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top