• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

A picture of the scouring of the shire!

Interesting idea. Yet somehow I think not.

I believe PJ would want to finish with Saruman during the main part of the movie, not leave him as an afterthought. I don't think SotS will be in the epilogue either. It just wouldn't fit.
 
Yeah saruman has been a thorn in everyone side for a while now. I think that either being imapled or sliced in the neck would be cool.
 
Sorry Meselyn, although you share the same feelings as all the other true Tolkien fans of the books in that its going to be a great injustice to Tolkien omitting SOTS, its just not going to happen.

Alas, we all know now that its not going to happen, even from PJs own mouth, we'll just have to live with it.

I keep telling myself that maybe PJ will film it for the RoTK DVD Extended Edition, but the chances of that are from slim to none.

Griff
 
Shame about the omission of the Scouring of the Shire. IMO it illustrates how far the Hobbits grew and evolved throughout their adventure and the war.. and wraps things up nicely.

PJ would do well to film it and add it to the extended version..or better yet, add it as a separate disc. It's a story that stands on it's own.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top