• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

An Empty Inn?

So now that we have these new sections, what do we want to do with them? One idea that comes to mind, just looking over the sections, is that we have all these sections named after inns and then in the middle of them a section titled "C.S. Lewis." Since discussing Lewis' works is somewhat integral to Tolkien discussion (because of the high amount of influence both men exerted over each others work and because they share a lot of fans. . .not all, they have very different writing styles, but I've personally always seen the CoN as LotR's precocious little brother), we might designate one of the two empty sections to be the C.S. Lewis section or even an "Inklings" section if someone wants to add in Charles Williams or . . I'm drawing a blank off the top of my head, but there are a few writers who came out of that group worth discussing here. We could easily begin by just moving the Lewis threads into whichever empty forum we decide to use.

Other than that, I'm not familiar with any particular sub-set of discussion rampant enough to, at this point, merit its own section, but maybe someone else has ideas.
 
That's a good idea!

Interesting to note: November 22, 1963 of course marks the assassination of U.S. President John Kennedy. That date also marks the day that C.S. Lewis passed away.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to note: November 22, 1963 of course marks the assassination of U.S. President John Kennedy. That date also marks the day that C.S. Lewis passed away.

I think there was a book about this where Kennedy, Lewis, and one other person who died that day are in Limbo. I never read it, but my Dad had a copy of it.

I think having an inklings inn is a great idea as well. One of my most cherished memories was when I visited Oxford, and had a pint at The Eagle and Child Pub. It was amazing sitting there where those great men used to gather and discuss their various projects. That was a dream come true. Perhaps if this becomes an inkling dedicated inn we should change the name (if that is possible) to The Eagle and Child. Just a suggestion, but it would be fitting.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top