FleaBane
New Member
- Joined
- Jan 29, 2018
- Messages
- 1
Hi all!
So I have a friend who lost her sight and wants a translation for a tattoo she'd like to get.
(Before you say it: I know. I know. But it's her choice.)
So her quote is:
Now my Sindarin is shoddy at best and I'm trying to translate this; but I'm not sure.
So please rate my translation:
Apart from that, I may have stuffed up word order, failed to conjugate nouns according to case (if Sindarin even uses such a thing), neglected lenition or any number of other things.
Any help is appreciated. If she's putting permanent ink on her body; I want to be sure that my translation is accurate.
Thanks in advance for all your help! <3
So I have a friend who lost her sight and wants a translation for a tattoo she'd like to get.
(Before you say it: I know. I know. But it's her choice.)
So her quote is:
"Keep looking for a light in the darkness and hope will never die."
Now my Sindarin is shoddy at best and I'm trying to translate this; but I'm not sure.
So please rate my translation:
"Himtirio galad nefuin, a estel ú-gwannatha"
The things is that I'm not sure which of these is the most accurate, as some of these have alternate translations:
- Himtirio / hemtirio
- nefuin / nedûr
- ú-gwannatha / ú-firtha / ava-fir / ava-gwanna / thel ú-gwanna fir / thel ú-fir / ú-firtho
Apart from that, I may have stuffed up word order, failed to conjugate nouns according to case (if Sindarin even uses such a thing), neglected lenition or any number of other things.
Any help is appreciated. If she's putting permanent ink on her body; I want to be sure that my translation is accurate.
Thanks in advance for all your help! <3

