• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Black Speech of 🌋Mordor in Rivendell....

Miss Rainbow

An Elf/Vulcan of Colors
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
77
I'm not sure how you spell it-is it Rivendell?-The home of "Elrond" In the Ext. version of the 1st. film in Rivendell, when, was it Boromir?-He wanted so much to take the ring from the table; he almost touched it when "Gandalf" stood up and started speaking the Black Speech of Mordor in front of everyone; it kind of sounded like an Earthquake. Now, why did Gandalf do that in Rivendell for all to hear??? Thank you so much.
 
I wondered the same thing too. Was it supposed to do something?
 
Originally posted by Miss Rainbow
I'm not sure how you spell it-is it Rivendell?
You have some interesting questions here, and I hope you're getting the answers,
but why not just read the books to get the details?
Gandalf's reason for speaking the ring inscription was to reinforce in the minds of the Council that it really was the One ring. He said it in the Black Speech and then in translation.
 
I read the book and read that part and seen it in the FOTR EE DVD and thought it was said to stop the evil that seemed to be in Boromirs mind. It is the Black Speech and well it from what its called, I think I was wrong. Now I see. Thanks Joxy for the info. I figured that out, but wasn't sure.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top