- Joined
- Nov 30, 2004
- Messages
- 7,869

Both he and Jonathan Winters proved that stand up comedy did not have to be "adult" ("R-rated") to be side-splittingly funny.Perhaps unsurprisingly, I was a big fan of his deadpan type of humor. He stands as one of my favorite comedians, towering above many others for many reasons.
Interestingly, I stumbled across this 47-minute Phil Donahue piece on YouTube, in which Donahue had Bob Newhart an Don Rickles as guests - and Newhart and Rickles (the latter deep in "adult" territory when not appearing on normal TV) and their families were close friends!Both he and Jonathan Winters proved that stand up comedy did not have to be "adult" ("R-rated") to be side-splittingly funny.
yep... I did know that, about their families being close.Interestingly, I stumbled across this 47-minute Phil Donahue piece on YouTube, in which Donahue had Bob Newhart an Don Rickles as guests - and Newhart and Rickles (the latter deep in "adult" territory when not appearing on normal TV) and their families were close friends!