• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Borimir's weapons??

DMEII

New Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
Messages
53
Hello all,
I am sure y'all all have seen pics or something of the licensed series of repro weapons from LOTR. I have seen and/or handled "Sting", "Glamdring", "Sword of the Witchking", "Narsil", etc.. I have handled the first three at a sword shop in Montgomery, Alabama. they are beautiful, well made swords. They are also offered in some catologs as well. I bought "Sting", and what a beauty!! But I have yet to see Borimir's weapons. I think his sword and shield were unique and I was wondering if there are any repros on the market for his weapons? If not, can someone please tell me where I could find a good pic of them on the internet? I saw a neat pic of them one time. His shield and sword were leaning against a tree if I am not mistaken, and I think with his beautiful horn lying there. I would like to find that pic again or a good pic of Borimir from the film with his weapons in hand.
Thanks,
Dave
 
I personally have not seen any of Boromir's weapons for sale. One place that is recreating some of the weaponry and jewelry from the movie is www.noblecollection.com. They have Gimli's Ax and Sting. I have heard rumor that they will also be producing Legolas's Bow and Quiver. As for the rest of the weapons I have seen those at United Cutlery. I don't know if they yet have Boromir's sword, shield, or horn.

~Ariana
 
Noble Collection:

Thanks Ariana,
That site has some neat stuff including some neat jewelry from LOTR/ I intend on getting the scabbard for "Sting" that they offer. It is beautiful and is befitting to sheath "Sting" in, which I have already. I tired to copy and paste it hear so you could look at it, but it would not do it. I can copy and put an image on an e-mail, but for some reason I could not get it to appear on my reponse here.
Take care and thanks,
Dave
 
DMEII,

I too have been searching for Boromir's weapons or a good pic of them. I have yet to find them BUT I did send an e-mail to Webmaster Larry Ray of Blades by Brown Cutlery and this is what he said:

The production of Boromir's sword is at the moment at question. But I agree with you, with such a sacrifice Boromir made to preserve the fellowship I cannot see how they can overlook this persons sword. How about joining us at the board I will tell you about and help us get United Cutlery's attention. Maybe if enough of us scream WE WANT BOROMIRS SWORD! they will consider it for production, heck you can start a message of your own at LOTRO (I'll tell you more about this in a sec) and I will certainly jump in there with other members and see what we can do. I might add that Kit Rae, United's head Art Director visits us and often comments on subjects like this. So it is certain that your request will not go unnoticed!


So if you are interested please go over to 'The Lord of The Rings Online' http://forums.lotronline.com/ - look for the topic 'Middle Earth Weapons' and you will see a post titled 'I will buy Boromir's Sword', reply that we want Boromir's Sword made!

Also, here is the link to 'Blades by Brown and Cutlery' http://www.bladesbybrown.com/

They have many officially liscensed Swords from the movie including:

Sting - Glamdring - Narsil - Sword of the Witch King - And Available in late 2002: The Sword of Arwen - Strider's Ranger Sword - Uruk-Hai Scimitar - The Sword of the Ringwraiths
 
Last edited:
Borimir's weapons:

111-1159_IMG-or.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 111-1159_img-or.jpg
    111-1159_img-or.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 64
Borimir's Weapons:

Hey Borimir's lady,
Here is a great pic of Borimir's weapons taken at a LOTR exibit:

 
Just Borimir's Swords:

These are the swords Borimir used in the movie, one is clean and the one in "clean" scenes and the other was for battle or bloody scenes.
Take care,
Dave
 
Hey Borimir's Lady::

I have a couple of good pics of Borimir's weapons, but can not seem to figure out how to include the pics in my posts. The one that came through cut off part of it where you could only see part of his sword. And the pic of the swords by themselves did not post I don't think. If you have any idea how in the world to include pics and graphics on a post like this on a forum, please let me know. I have pics of all the LOTR weapons now being offerred or that will soon be on the market. If you want give me a hollar at "[email protected]. Maybe I can send them on an e-mail.
Dave
 

Similar threads

Back
Top