WatcherWraith
Fairë Hyamië(Phantom of Prayer).
- Joined
- Jan 21, 2024
- Messages
- 842
*Gasps**He dips the bowl in the soup, fills it, then tosses it over the rail into the sea, as though bailing out water after a storm*
*And he continues singing as he keeps on bailing the mushy hull muffin soup, his wooden leg clunk-ing unsteadily with his drunken gait*
*a feather duster comes flying towards Fingon. He tries to catch it but it passes right through his ghostly head, clattering onto the deck behind him. Nothing happens for a moment, but then his face starts to wrinkle, little by little, more and more until…. He sneezes.**he distributes cleaning supplies to everyone-- mops, vacuums, baby wipes, feather dusters, rum... you name it.*
*Fingon floats over to Finwë and places a hand on his shoulder to get his attention while eying the notorious soup sloshing across the deck* Haru, out o’ curiosity, what have ye put in yer soup? It appears the stench o’ it is turnin’ the crew as sick as sea sponges.*Finwe puts the pot on the ground and attempts to walk over to Curvo, intending to take his bowl off him so he can't waste any more of the soup, but what with the rocking of the ship, he trips over the pot he just put on the ground, and soggy muffin soup flows all over the deck.*
*He looks at all the mess in dismay*
Oh no.... now we've got nothing to eat for dinner.....
*Curvo looks faintly hesitant for a moment, not wanting to offend Haru*
*Curvo stumbles backwards in an attempt to avoid the foul tide rapidly approaching his foot and peg leg**Finwe puts the pot on the ground and attempts to walk over to Curvo, intending to take his bowl off him so he can't waste any more of the soup, but what with the rocking of the ship, he trips over the pot he just put on the ground, and soggy muffin soup flows all over the deck.*
*muffled echoey voice from inside the barrel**He looks at all the mess in dismay*
Oh no.... now we've got nothing to eat for dinner.....
*Fingon turns to see what this young ghost is pointing at and almost has to restrain a giggle when he sees Curvo’s legs hanging out from inside the barrel* My! I wish I could grant him aid, but most the time I’m no more useful than a breath o’ wind. I know who can, though!*Darting away from Curvo, he races towards the nearest crewmate.* "Haste, o haste, fair friendly soul! Curvo of the Bottle-Brain has fallen in yon barrel, yo ho an' all! Swift, an' aid his safe passage outward!"
*The Cap'n has been staring wistfully out towards the sea again and yelps when the chilly touch passes through his arm*
Blimey, Fingon, kindly alert me with yer voice next time, not yer touch!
Aww, no, Cap’n. I forget at times I cannot still touch ye the way I used to be able ta, back when I was flesh an’ blood. I be sorry if my chillin’ touch froze ya to the bone too much. 🥺*The Cap'n looks around at everyone* The crew's gone as quiet as a dead fish! Was it something I said?
*Curvo removes the handkerchief mask from his face: the rum has evaporated by now anyway**The Cap'n looks around at everyone* The crew's gone as quiet as a dead fish! Was it something I said?
Whether ye be ghostly or in the flesh, yer still my best mate, Finno! Don't worry about yer chilly touch too much. As long as I have some rum in me, I can take it.Aww, no, Cap’n. I forget at times I cannot still touch ye the way I used to be able ta, back when I was flesh an’ blood. I be sorry if my chillin’ touch froze ya to the bone too much. 🥺
*The Cap'n offers him a reassuring pat, knowing full well how it is to be in a sad and drunken state. In fact, he has just the remedy, but he hesitates, looking a bit sad and conflicted. Then finally he speaks.*I feels like a dead fish, cap'n bro. *hic* ...An' as you say, I smell like one too. :<
Out of the frypan and into the fire, as they say. 'Voided the scurvy deckmuffin soup only t' be tipped into the scraps barrel
*Uinen waves a watery hand in greeting Tiny Ghost and inclines her head towards the grateful Fëanorians.**Awed and amazed by the sight of the Maiar of the sea, Tiny Ghost flies over to Uinen and tosses his mist over her.* "Ahoy, Queen of the Sleeping Sea! Be anointed with love! Bid thy fair husband a great greeting from this poor fëa, since no waves nor waters may be penetrated for fear of losing oneself within them! But oh, splashes and washes! It is good to see you!"
You are most welcome. May you never discover what is inside, ah, Davy Jones' locker.*Amras turns back to Uinen* Thank ye for saving me m'lady, but I best return to me crewmates, now. I do hope our next meeting is under more propitious circumstances. I bid thee farewell.
*Glorfindel swings down from the mast and braces the wobbly Curufin.* There now, let us see to your ailment. *Placing a hand on the top of Curvo's wet strands of hair, Glorfindel pulses a soft wave of healing energy through the top of his head.* ...And I see Ondofinwë is optimistic you will be okay. *The ever-present :3 looks upon his gradually recovering owner with fondness.**a disappointed (and as such not quite so buoyant) drunk Curvo is quite a sorry sight to see*
*Glorfindel senses the homesickness and hint of longing in the captain's voice.* Kindly captain, your noble sacrifice may not be necessary in this case. The question is, do you need a rest? There's plenty of us who can help out if you're in search of walking the path of dreams with Meranya.I do have just the thing for an upset stomach. Meranya used to make it for me. It's a green tea with lem'n and ginger, and it helps make those hangovers a mite easier to endure. I don't have much left, but... I'd be willing to share a bit, just this once.
Glorfindel: Ah, most creative spirit, I do believe the "gracious sea" has limits. Perhaps we should divert our attention to alternate resources, ones far more palatable than the former?Has he more locked away for us to experiment with? Or..." *He grins with a shudder,* "to feed the waves with?"
*Curvo says nothing, but reaches out and squeezes his bro's hand lightly*I do have just the thing for an upset stomach. Meranya used to make it for me. It's a green tea with lem'n and ginger, and it helps make those hangovers a mite easier to endure. I don't have much left, but... I'd be willing to share a bit, just this once.
*The effects of the rum were already beginning to wear off, contributing to the evaporation of Curvo's silly mood, and leaving behind only the sore and sickly feelings**Glorfindel swings down from the mast and braces the wobbly Curufin.* There now, let us see to your ailment. *Placing a hand on the top of Curvo's wet strands of hair, Glorfindel pulses a soft wave of healing energy through the top of his head.* ...And I see Ondofinwë is optimistic you will be okay. *The ever-present :3 looks upon his gradually recovering owner with fondness.*
*The Cap'n considers this offer. He's a bit relieved he doesn't have to sacrifice some of his scarce supply of Meranya's tea, but the thought of reminiscing over Meranya only brings an ache to his heart.**Glorfindel senses the homesickness and hint of longing in the captain's voice.* Kindly captain, your noble sacrifice may not be necessary in this case. The question is, do you need a rest? There's plenty of us who can help out if you're in search of walking the path of dreams with Meranya.
*Curvo nods solemnly* Aye, cap'n, that it would. Warms the cockles of the heart, too. *He softly places a hand upon his chest*I have an idea. Perhaps some tea would hit the spot for us all? There's a crate full of green tea and herbal tea below deck. E'en our ghostly folk might enjoy the vapors, I say!
*Fingon sees the sorrowful longing in the Cap’n’s eyes. Knowing the pain behind the gaze, he places his ghostly hand on the Cap’n’s shoulder in a gesture of support and comfort (gently, to lighten the chill of his touch this time)**The Cap'n considers this offer. He's a bit relieved he doesn't have to sacrifice some of his scarce supply of Meranya's tea, but the thought of reminiscing over Meranya only brings an ache to his heart.*
Ah, nay, I think I'll fare alright, but I thank ye for the offer, good mate Glorfindel. As a sorceress with a green complexion once told me, "Wishing only wounds the heart."
*Fingon smiles* I think that be a splendid idea, Cap’n.*He looks around and realizes the crew still has naught for dinner, and that they might all be a bit queasy still from the muffin episode.*
I have an idea. Perhaps some tea would hit the spot for us all? There's a crate full of green tea and herbal tea below deck. E'en our ghostly folk might enjoy the vapors, I say!
"Assuredly, cap'n, tis a capital notion!" Exclaims Tiny Ghost, beginning to rotate in place. "The luxurious scent of tea hath not crossed phantom noses since..." He pauses, and then giggles. "Ah, but never mind. We shall smell it now!"I have an idea. Perhaps some tea would hit the spot for us all? There's a crate full of green tea and herbal tea below deck. E'en our ghostly folk might enjoy the vapors, I say!
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?