• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

RP 🎲 Cap'n Nelyafinwë's Pirate Crew

🎲 Role Playing Game
*Awed and amazed by the sight of the Maiar of the sea, Tiny Ghost flies over to Uinen and tosses his mist over her.* "Ahoy, Queen of the Sleeping Sea! Be anointed with love! Bid thy fair husband a great greeting from this poor fëa, since no waves nor waters may be penetrated for fear of losing oneself within them! But oh, splashes and washes! It is good to see you!"

*After circling Uinen a few times, Tiny Ghost flies back to Cap'n Maedhros.* "Oh, Cap'n, my Cap'n, the source of the sour smell most obnoxious has been discovered! 'Tis yon pot of poison! Tiny Ghost cannot cleanse this stench! Make orders to clear it away, or all the crew is doomed to sea-salty demises!"
 
*He dips the bowl in the soup, fills it, then tosses it over the rail into the sea, as though bailing out water after a storm*

*And he continues singing as he keeps on bailing the mushy hull muffin soup, his wooden leg clunk-ing unsteadily with his drunken gait*
*Gasps*
You're wasting good food! Didn't Feanor ever teach you not to waste food??

*Finwe puts the pot on the ground and attempts to walk over to Curvo, intending to take his bowl off him so he can't waste any more of the soup, but what with the rocking of the ship, he trips over the pot he just put on the ground, and soggy muffin soup flows all over the deck.*

*He looks at all the mess in dismay*

Oh no.... now we've got nothing to eat for dinner.....
 
*he distributes cleaning supplies to everyone-- mops, vacuums, baby wipes, feather dusters, rum... you name it.*
*a feather duster comes flying towards Fingon. He tries to catch it but it passes right through his ghostly head, clattering onto the deck behind him. Nothing happens for a moment, but then his face starts to wrinkle, little by little, more and more until…. He sneezes.*

Oh sure, I can’t hold anything, but dust still affects me!

*as the ship pitches wildly on the waves, Fingon is largely unaffected, mostly just swaying side to side while the others are being tossed around. He tries to be helpful with holding barrels down, with little effect.*

*Finwe puts the pot on the ground and attempts to walk over to Curvo, intending to take his bowl off him so he can't waste any more of the soup, but what with the rocking of the ship, he trips over the pot he just put on the ground, and soggy muffin soup flows all over the deck.*

*He looks at all the mess in dismay*

Oh no.... now we've got nothing to eat for dinner.....
*Fingon floats over to Finwë and places a hand on his shoulder to get his attention while eying the notorious soup sloshing across the deck* Haru, out o’ curiosity, what have ye put in yer soup? It appears the stench o’ it is turnin’ the crew as sick as sea sponges.
 
*Gasps*
You're wasting good food! Didn't Feanor ever teach you not to waste food??
*Curvo looks faintly hesitant for a moment, not wanting to offend Haru*
*...but he speaks up anyway, his filter being practically non-existent*

Aye, that he did. 😞 Told me not to waste good food. *hic* Haven't tossed his advice to the fishes, tho', as ye can surely smell. *takes a sniff and wrinkles his nose* Tossed the soup instead. 😶

*Finwe puts the pot on the ground and attempts to walk over to Curvo, intending to take his bowl off him so he can't waste any more of the soup, but what with the rocking of the ship, he trips over the pot he just put on the ground, and soggy muffin soup flows all over the deck.*
*Curvo stumbles backwards in an attempt to avoid the foul tide rapidly approaching his foot and peg leg*
*he hits an upright open barrel behind him, and with his momentum and the rocking of the ship, falls into it*
*only his feet can be seen sticking out*

*He looks at all the mess in dismay*
Oh no.... now we've got nothing to eat for dinner.....
*muffled echoey voice from inside the barrel*
That be the least of our worries...!
 
*Upon flying back to the ship, Tiny Ghost catches sight of Curvo's flopping legs and floats over to him.* "Why, mate, are the apples outta reach the regular way? What juicy treasures they must be, for thee to have plunged straight into their wooden hold after 'em. But take heart! Yer rescuin' savior is..." *He eyes his ghostly hands.* "...almost here."

*Darting away from Curvo, he races towards the nearest crewmate.* "Haste, o haste, fair friendly soul! Curvo of the Bottle-Brain has fallen in yon barrel, yo ho an' all! Swift, an' aid his safe passage outward!"
 
Last edited:
*Darting away from Curvo, he races towards the nearest crewmate.* "Haste, o haste, fair friendly soul! Curvo of the Bottle-Brain has fallen in yon barrel, yo ho an' all! Swift, an' aid his safe passage outward!"
*Fingon turns to see what this young ghost is pointing at and almost has to restrain a giggle when he sees Curvo’s legs hanging out from inside the barrel* My! I wish I could grant him aid, but most the time I’m no more useful than a breath o’ wind. I know who can, though!

*he floats over to Maitimo and grabs his arm* Cap’n! Ye Tiny Ghost has alerted mine ears that yer brother has taken residence in a barrel an’ needs yer help to escape it!
 
*The Cap'n has been staring wistfully out towards the sea again and yelps when the chilly touch passes through his arm*

Blimey, Fingon, kindly alert me with yer voice next time, not yer touch!

*he glances over and sighs when he sees the pair of feet sticking out of the barrel. He grabs Curufin by the ankles and gently shimmies him out and places him upright*

A barrel o' rubbish is no place for any crewmate of mine! *he sniffs Curvo and makes a face* Ye could stand a bath, methinks.

(OOC: I can't promise much activity in the chaotic RPs while my brain is riddled with auditing, so feel free to keep it going without me if I fall behind. The Cap'n can just stare out at the sea and daydream about Meranya if I am absent.)
 
*The Cap'n has been staring wistfully out towards the sea again and yelps when the chilly touch passes through his arm*

Blimey, Fingon, kindly alert me with yer voice next time, not yer touch!
*The Cap'n looks around at everyone* The crew's gone as quiet as a dead fish! Was it something I said?
Aww, no, Cap’n. I forget at times I cannot still touch ye the way I used to be able ta, back when I was flesh an’ blood. I be sorry if my chillin’ touch froze ya to the bone too much. 🥺
 
*he glances over and sighs when he sees the pair of feet sticking out of the barrel. He grabs Curufin by the ankles and gently shimmies him out and places him upright*

A barrel o' rubbish is no place for any crewmate of mine! *he sniffs Curvo and makes a face* Ye could stand a bath, methinks.
*The Cap'n looks around at everyone* The crew's gone as quiet as a dead fish! Was it something I said?
*Curvo removes the handkerchief mask from his face: the rum has evaporated by now anyway*
*he rubs his head where it was bonked against the inside of the barrel as he fell in*

I feels like a dead fish, cap'n bro. *hic* ...An' as you say, I smell like one too. :<
Out of the frypan and into the fire, as they say. 'Voided the scurvy deckmuffin soup only t' be tipped into the scraps barrel.

*a disappointed (and as such not quite so buoyant) drunk Curvo is quite a sorry sight to see*
 
Aww, no, Cap’n. I forget at times I cannot still touch ye the way I used to be able ta, back when I was flesh an’ blood. I be sorry if my chillin’ touch froze ya to the bone too much. 🥺
Whether ye be ghostly or in the flesh, yer still my best mate, Finno! Don't worry about yer chilly touch too much. As long as I have some rum in me, I can take it.

I feels like a dead fish, cap'n bro. *hic* ...An' as you say, I smell like one too. :<
Out of the frypan and into the fire, as they say. 'Voided the scurvy deckmuffin soup only t' be tipped into the scraps barrel
*The Cap'n offers him a reassuring pat, knowing full well how it is to be in a sad and drunken state. In fact, he has just the remedy, but he hesitates, looking a bit sad and conflicted. Then finally he speaks.*

I do have just the thing for an upset stomach. Meranya used to make it for me. It's a green tea with lem'n and ginger, and it helps make those hangovers a mite easier to endure. I don't have much left, but... I'd be willing to share a bit, just this once.
 
*Amras turns back to Uinen* Thank ye for saving me m'lady, but I best return to me crewmates, now. I do hope our next meeting is under more propitious circumstances. I bid thee farewell.

*He drives out of her arms and swims to the side of the ship, where he grabs hold of a rope trailing in the water. Loud thumps and grunting can be heard for several minutes until he flops over the railing, dripping wet.* Blimey! I've been acting like a right landlubber, and gone and got myself a proper dunking for it.
 
*Tiny Ghost sidles up next to his comrades.* "We be yet out of prepared vittles, mates. What shall be for supper tonight, since all muffin-soaked brine be fed to the most gracious sea?" *He glances at Finwë.* "Someone mayhap should seek out the king's treasury of goodies. Has he more locked away for us to experiment with? Or..." *He grins with a shudder,* "to feed the waves with?"
 
*Awed and amazed by the sight of the Maiar of the sea, Tiny Ghost flies over to Uinen and tosses his mist over her.* "Ahoy, Queen of the Sleeping Sea! Be anointed with love! Bid thy fair husband a great greeting from this poor fëa, since no waves nor waters may be penetrated for fear of losing oneself within them! But oh, splashes and washes! It is good to see you!"
*Uinen waves a watery hand in greeting Tiny Ghost and inclines her head towards the grateful Fëanorians.*

*Amras turns back to Uinen* Thank ye for saving me m'lady, but I best return to me crewmates, now. I do hope our next meeting is under more propitious circumstances. I bid thee farewell.
You are most welcome. May you never discover what is inside, ah, Davy Jones' locker.

*Ossë tosses a bit of seaweed over Amras' head in "farewell".* That's for the thumbs-down.

*a disappointed (and as such not quite so buoyant) drunk Curvo is quite a sorry sight to see*
*Glorfindel swings down from the mast and braces the wobbly Curufin.* There now, let us see to your ailment. *Placing a hand on the top of Curvo's wet strands of hair, Glorfindel pulses a soft wave of healing energy through the top of his head.* ...And I see Ondofinwë is optimistic you will be okay. *The ever-present :3 looks upon his gradually recovering owner with fondness.*

I do have just the thing for an upset stomach. Meranya used to make it for me. It's a green tea with lem'n and ginger, and it helps make those hangovers a mite easier to endure. I don't have much left, but... I'd be willing to share a bit, just this once.
*Glorfindel senses the homesickness and hint of longing in the captain's voice.* Kindly captain, your noble sacrifice may not be necessary in this case. The question is, do you need a rest? There's plenty of us who can help out if you're in search of walking the path of dreams with Meranya.

Has he more locked away for us to experiment with? Or..." *He grins with a shudder,* "to feed the waves with?"
Glorfindel: Ah, most creative spirit, I do believe the "gracious sea" has limits. Perhaps we should divert our attention to alternate resources, ones far more palatable than the former?

Ossë: Someone gets it. *Uinen lays a reassuring hand on Ossë's arm and signals him to retreat beneath the waves. The two Maiar vanish... for now.*
 
I do have just the thing for an upset stomach. Meranya used to make it for me. It's a green tea with lem'n and ginger, and it helps make those hangovers a mite easier to endure. I don't have much left, but... I'd be willing to share a bit, just this once.
*Curvo says nothing, but reaches out and squeezes his bro's hand lightly*


*Glorfindel swings down from the mast and braces the wobbly Curufin.* There now, let us see to your ailment. *Placing a hand on the top of Curvo's wet strands of hair, Glorfindel pulses a soft wave of healing energy through the top of his head.* ...And I see Ondofinwë is optimistic you will be okay. *The ever-present :3 looks upon his gradually recovering owner with fondness.*
*The effects of the rum were already beginning to wear off, contributing to the evaporation of Curvo's silly mood, and leaving behind only the sore and sickly feelings*
*However, the healing energy from Glorfindel does away with all this, along with the bumps and bruises*

*The sobered Pirate Curvo blinks, then frowns as he notes an unusual weight in one of his pockets*
*He takes out a particular little smiley rock, and fully realises what Glorfindel meant*
...
...
...I called this Ondofinwë, didn't I. :I

*he pauses for a moment, considering*
He is rather charming, however, I must say.

Ondofinwë: :3

Curvo: *raises an eyebrow*

*he returns his attention to the present company, feeling somewhat awkward, only having vague memories of all that has happened so far, and wondering what other nonsense he had been up to*

...Anyway, we... uh... I am going to get myself cleaned up. :I

*he leaves, and returns shortly in fresh clothing and with a rather more clean scent*
*...and with Ondofinwë still in his hand!*
 
*Glorfindel senses the homesickness and hint of longing in the captain's voice.* Kindly captain, your noble sacrifice may not be necessary in this case. The question is, do you need a rest? There's plenty of us who can help out if you're in search of walking the path of dreams with Meranya.
*The Cap'n considers this offer. He's a bit relieved he doesn't have to sacrifice some of his scarce supply of Meranya's tea, but the thought of reminiscing over Meranya only brings an ache to his heart.*

Ah, nay, I think I'll fare alright, but I thank ye for the offer, good mate Glorfindel. As a sorceress with a green complexion once told me, "Wishing only wounds the heart."

*He looks around and realizes the crew still has naught for dinner, and that they might all be a bit queasy still from the muffin episode.*

I have an idea. Perhaps some tea would hit the spot for us all? There's a crate full of green tea and herbal tea below deck. E'en our ghostly folk might enjoy the vapors, I say!
 
I have an idea. Perhaps some tea would hit the spot for us all? There's a crate full of green tea and herbal tea below deck. E'en our ghostly folk might enjoy the vapors, I say!
*Curvo nods solemnly* Aye, cap'n, that it would. Warms the cockles of the heart, too. *He softly places a hand upon his chest*

*The thumb of his other hand is absently stroking Ondofinwë, whose :3 looks particularly content*
 
*The Cap'n considers this offer. He's a bit relieved he doesn't have to sacrifice some of his scarce supply of Meranya's tea, but the thought of reminiscing over Meranya only brings an ache to his heart.*

Ah, nay, I think I'll fare alright, but I thank ye for the offer, good mate Glorfindel. As a sorceress with a green complexion once told me, "Wishing only wounds the heart."
*Fingon sees the sorrowful longing in the Cap’n’s eyes. Knowing the pain behind the gaze, he places his ghostly hand on the Cap’n’s shoulder in a gesture of support and comfort (gently, to lighten the chill of his touch this time)*

*He looks around and realizes the crew still has naught for dinner, and that they might all be a bit queasy still from the muffin episode.*

I have an idea. Perhaps some tea would hit the spot for us all? There's a crate full of green tea and herbal tea below deck. E'en our ghostly folk might enjoy the vapors, I say!
*Fingon smiles* I think that be a splendid idea, Cap’n.

I was also thinkin’, do ye remember in tha days of ar youth, when Aulë came to us pretendin’ to be Fautuatar for Mettaaarë one year? ‘Twas so long ago, but what fun we had! We be nearly upon the same season again now.
 
I have an idea. Perhaps some tea would hit the spot for us all? There's a crate full of green tea and herbal tea below deck. E'en our ghostly folk might enjoy the vapors, I say!
"Assuredly, cap'n, tis a capital notion!" Exclaims Tiny Ghost, beginning to rotate in place. "The luxurious scent of tea hath not crossed phantom noses since..." He pauses, and then giggles. "Ah, but never mind. We shall smell it now!"

Speaking of smelling, he floats over to Curvo, and gets distracted inhaling his new clean smell.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top