• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

RP 🎲 Cap'n Nelyafinwë's Pirate Crew

🎲 Role Playing Game

Maedhros_Nelyafinwë

CPA of Himring
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 28, 2022
Messages
3,745
Ahoy, Mateys!! *brandishes hook-hand* Welcome aboard our ship, which we will use to sail the seas and take back our long-lost treasure (the Silmarils)! There's no telling what danger we may encounter-- I've heard tales of Mergoth and Meron, foul folk who haunt the seas. We may end up in a ship battle against our enemies and have no choice but to shoot 'em with our cannons! There may be many a swashbuckling fight *loosens his sword* and take care not to get captured, lest ye wind up walking the plank of an enemy ship! But not to worry, I am proud to be the captain of such a fine crew (including both living and ghostly folk). And we have plenty of rum on board!

Some rules!
  • We have lime juice on board. USE IT, lest ye get scurvy!
  • No brawling over petty nonsense! (Amongst ourselves, anyway. Brawling with our enemies is encouraged as long as you win.)
  • Cannonballs are the only things allowed to be shot out of cannons!
  • Each afternoon, I take a private hour in my Captain's Quarters and am not to be disturbed. (he's secretly napping)
  • Drink as much rum as you'd like, but don't brawl with other members of the crew, and mind the consequences of hangover and such. COOL SWAGGERING ONLY.
With the rules behind us, let us set sail!!

(OOC: Welcome to the Pirate Crew RP! This is an invite-only RP, so you may participate if you have gotten an invite.)
 
*Tyelko the quartermaster is walking down the stairs to his...quarters, where he slips on the muffin. He is dazed for a moment, before looking behind and finding the patch of soggy muffins. He blinks, perplexed.*

Well, I must say it is not how I desire to have my muffins in the morn.

*Nose wrinkling in disgust, he pokes the muffins with the tip of Tiny the Parrot's beak*

What say you, noble creature? Are they indeed muffins as I had suspected?

*Tiny chirps, and Tyelko hums*

Things have changed from the time I was aboard last. I wonder if Captain the Brother is privy to the existence of ruined pastry on his deck.
 
*Goldflintlock is balancing on the mast, pretending to surf. He takes out a pair of sunglasses and puts them on as the sun's rays scatter across his hair in radiant golden waves. He observes the chaos below with an amused eye, then glances up a little ways to where Pirate Curvo resides with his rum.*

Aaarrrr! You seem in need of some good spirits. Might I offer you a pet rock?

*Goldflintlock takes out a drawstring bag from a deep pocket of his green and gold vest, opening it to reveal a surprising number of rocks, all with faces painted on them.*
 
*Pirate Curvo looks at the smiling rocks and Elf below with a dubious eye*

These here spirits are good enough for me, matey. *he raises the rum bottle in his hand, and takes another sip*

...

*his expression lightens even further*

Tho' yer punnery be fine. An'... *he takes another careful glance at the rocks* ...I do enjoy the comp'ny of rocks, I will say.

*he takes another sip and clumsily puts the bottle down in the crow's nest*

*he hesitates, looking a bit woozy, then reaches down to take a little grey rock with a :3 drawn in yellow paint upon it*

*he holds it up in front of his face, gazing at it*
Ain' it just the nicest little thing? *hic* I'll... call im Ondofinwë.

Ondofinwë, hearing this: :3

Curvo: 🥺
 
I... can't follow you like that, Finno...
*Finno’s head pops back up through the floor, looking up at Maitimo sheepishly* Right… Sorry about that! 😅

*The rest of him floats back up and he takes Maitimo’s hand to urge him down the stairs. Forgetting he’s a ghost, he makes it to the stairs before realizing Maitimo is still standing where he was, as Finno’s ghostliness had passed right through his hand and grasped nothing.* 🥲
 
Last time you drank too much and thought we had a hole on the ship, so you took Káno’s muffin and threw it on the floor to “patch the hole.” 🙂
My muffin!! I never got to finish it 🥺

*Kano, who is standing nearby and overheard, puts his head in his hands and immediately starts sobbing. A slight redness in his cheeks betrays the fact that he may have already had something to drink.*
 
*Pirate Finwe is attempting to make something for the pirate crew to eat later*

Now, I wonder where I put the potatoes for that soup....

*He walks unsteadily around the ship, in search of the potatoes*

*He nearly walks into Tyelko*


Oh! hello, um... *peers at him closely through bleary eyes* uh hello, Tyelko!

*Notices the patch of muffins on the floor* *he pokes at them*

I think that'll do as well as potatoes in my soup....I don't suppose you'll mind if I take those?
 
*Tyelko puts Tiny on his head again and turns to find his grandfather. His sudden question stuns him. He looks down at the soggy muffins and back at Finwë with a 🤨 expression*
Uh,...you are very welcome to do so, grandfather. Did you say it was soup you were attempting to make? Well, I believe I'm... allergic to it. So do not bother calling me for dinner. I am suddenly...very full. 😶
 
*Finwe picks up the muffins*

Really? Thats strange....I didn't know you were allergic to soup. I'll make you something else, then. And don't worry about being full, you'll be hungry by the time I've made dinner!

*He walks back to his cooking pot and puts the muffins in*

*He gives the soup a stir*


Wait....

*He turns around yells:*

Tyelko!! Which ingredient in soup are you allergic to?
 
(OOC: This turn of fate for the muffins has me cracking up!! 🤣)

*Leading Maitimo, Finno floats down the stairs towards the muffins. He stops suddenly.* Wait— they were just here! Where did all the soggy muffins go?!

*He points to a wet spot in the wood, with mushy crumby bits still in it* The pile was right here, Captain!

*sees Tyelko standing in the corner looking sick* Tyelko, please tell me you didn’t eat them. 😳
 
*Curvo gently places Ondofinwë in his pocket*

Come now, lil matey. I mus' introduce you to your elder brother... *his eyes grow wide* ...or well, not him, cause 'e went and marooned himself, didn' he. *sniffles and wipes an eye* :<

Uncle Tyelko it is, then.


*Leaving the rum in the crow's nest for safekeeping, Curvo clambers out and descends the rigging with surprising agility for someone so unsteady on his feet. Clearly he has done this ...many... times before.*


*Finding the rather pale-looking Tyelko below deck, he walks up to him*
*he grabs onto Tyelko's arm to steady himself as his surroundings appear to lurch around him* 😵‍💫

Tyelko... *hic* I have a new son. :3

*he reaches into his pocket and pulls out Ondofinwë, holding him out towards Tyelko*

I called 'im Ondofinwë. *hic* Ain' he just the most charmin' lil matey ye ever did lay eyes on? He's got my smile... and my littleness. 🥺

Ondofinwë, upon seeing his new uncle: :3
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top