Elbereth Vala Varda
Writer, poet, child of God
- Joined
- May 22, 2022
- Messages
- 3,954
Just a thought when I was watching The Rings of Power.
Since there is no accounted fate for Maglor, besides walking the seashore in pain and sorrow, could Adar be Maglor? Of course, I understand that everything in The Rings of Power, is standalone, and does not have bearing onto Tolkien's universe, but all the same, it rose a question in my mind.
The main thought of mine for this, begins with appearance. Of course, the character of Adar seems to resemble the characteristics found in Maglor, and it is clear that Adar is an almost marred Elf, rather than an Orc. The next reason I have to think this, is the slight tenderness mingled within Adar. The title of "lord-father" and the way he speaks to the Orcs as his "children" almost gives an indication of a small tenderness, hidden beneath the surface.
Honestly, I just want to hear thoughts on this. It's just a theory, of course. If this is a true theory, I would be interested to see how it reveals itself. For me, the most logical reveal would be through Elrond, I would think, recognizing the Elf who took care of him and Elros when they were children.
Since there is no accounted fate for Maglor, besides walking the seashore in pain and sorrow, could Adar be Maglor? Of course, I understand that everything in The Rings of Power, is standalone, and does not have bearing onto Tolkien's universe, but all the same, it rose a question in my mind.
The main thought of mine for this, begins with appearance. Of course, the character of Adar seems to resemble the characteristics found in Maglor, and it is clear that Adar is an almost marred Elf, rather than an Orc. The next reason I have to think this, is the slight tenderness mingled within Adar. The title of "lord-father" and the way he speaks to the Orcs as his "children" almost gives an indication of a small tenderness, hidden beneath the surface.
Honestly, I just want to hear thoughts on this. It's just a theory, of course. If this is a true theory, I would be interested to see how it reveals itself. For me, the most logical reveal would be through Elrond, I would think, recognizing the Elf who took care of him and Elros when they were children.
