• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Dogs at Rohan

Corvis

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
159
I was watching ROTK the other day and during the scene of the council between Gandalf and Theodon in the main hall at Edoras after Pippin looked in the palantir I saw in the background a dog walk by. I didn't even know there were dogs in LOTR. Has anyone else seen this dog? Are there cats and dogs in LOTR?
 
Dogs, obviously. Farmer Maggot has a big pair.
Cats are mentioned more in passing than in anything else. There was an Infamous Gondorian queen who had a kindle or two and used them as spies.
As far as the movies go, I can't think of any cats on screen, but there are other incidence of Dogs in the Fellowship of the Rings at least.
There is no reason to doubt that any animal that can be found in let say England could also be found in Middle Earth.
 
HLGStrider said:
Dogs, obviously. Farmer Maggot has a big pair.
Cats are mentioned more in passing than in anything else. There was an Infamous Gondorian queen who had a kindle or two and used them as spies.
As far as the movies go, I can't think of any cats on screen, but there are other incidence of Dogs in the Fellowship of the Rings at least.
There is no reason to doubt that any animal that can be found in let say England could also be found in Middle Earth.

That's right HLGStrider! Man I feel stupid. I remeber seeing dogs in the fellowship of the ring with on eof the hobbits. And of course! How could I forget about Farmer maggots dogs. It was just that I hadn't seen dogs in LOTR in two movies so I forgot about them.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top