Maybe I should put this in UT, but oh well, no one ever looks there.
Ive just bought Unfinished Tales (I know I know...I should be reading the Silmarillion...I havent checked it out yet though) and in Disaster of Gladden Fields, Tolkien says that Numenoreans are normally 6'4, but thats after their power has dwindled a bit.
Well, I figured out that Elendil is half a ranga above the Numenoreans, who are 2 rangas, and one ranga is 3'2
So, if my math skills are correct that means, 2 rangas (6'4) plus 1/2 ranga (1'2) is 2.5 rangas (8 feet)
So, am I like, totally confused or is Elendil the Tall really 8 feet tall plus whatever the Numenoreans dwindled? Lets see...Elendil would be around 8 and a half feet tall?
Ive just bought Unfinished Tales (I know I know...I should be reading the Silmarillion...I havent checked it out yet though) and in Disaster of Gladden Fields, Tolkien says that Numenoreans are normally 6'4, but thats after their power has dwindled a bit.
Well, I figured out that Elendil is half a ranga above the Numenoreans, who are 2 rangas, and one ranga is 3'2
So, if my math skills are correct that means, 2 rangas (6'4) plus 1/2 ranga (1'2) is 2.5 rangas (8 feet)
So, am I like, totally confused or is Elendil the Tall really 8 feet tall plus whatever the Numenoreans dwindled? Lets see...Elendil would be around 8 and a half feet tall?



