• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

🧝Elf weapons

Ingo

New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
10
Elf

i knwo that elfs use bows and knifes but are there any other wepons they use

And where do they learn to use these wepons?...is there some sort of elf westpoint

just wondering
 
I think they use swards but I have no quotes. Sorry

and btw, welcome to the forum!

-me
 
Considering how Elves are naturally skilled, agile and inteligent, I wouldn't be suprised if they were able to use swords and play flutes at the same time. :D
 
While tapdancing on a Variag of Khand, no doubt. :D
But anyway, Elves must have used other weapons than bows and knives, obviously. You wouldn't get very far according to Darwinism with just those. I am 97.4% sure that they used swords and spears at least, in addition to bows. Knives are used by pretty much all races, but cannot really be attributed to any race because they are used so seldom. Legolas used one, so automatically all Elves do?!?! :rolleyes:
Eg. Eöl, who was an Elf in the First Age (if you don't know who he is, read the Silmarillion NOW!), was a sort of part-time blacksmith and he made two swords, one of which he used himself. One of the swords was named Anglachel, can't remember the other one.
 
Originally posted by Theoden
I think they use swards but I have no quotes. Sorry
-me

Oh man, I hope you mean "swords", Swards are a Danish snack similar to pork rinds.

Of course, that might be pretty effective too.

RD

ps. Don't sweat it, I can't type either.
 
Which in particular?
The information is gleaned from Hobbit, LotR, Sil., UT, and various of the HoME books, and thus would be a lot to quote and cite in total. If you have some more specific query it would be easier to reply. :)
 

Similar threads

Back
Top