• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

🧝Elven Cities?

Hmm... Interesting topic but what are you asking precisely? We know that the whole view of civilization and socialization was very different in their time, in their world. It is quite obvious that there were some larger regions than others, but rather than the American 'states' system, the world was divided into kingdoms for each region and a monarchy leader taking command of those regions, standing most frequent as King, except in some Queenly situations.

What do you want to know? Maybe it is perfectly clear, and I am just reading your inquiry wrong, but nevertheless, please elaborate.
 
Hmm... Interesting topic but what are you asking precisely? We know that the whole view of civilization and socialization was very different in their time, in their world. It is quite obvious that there were some larger regions than others, but rather than the American 'states' system, the world was divided into kingdoms for each region and a monarchy leader taking command of those regions, standing most frequent as King, except in some Queenly situations.

What do you want to know? Maybe it is perfectly clear, and I am just reading your inquiry wrong, but nevertheless, please elaborate.
I'm asking if they all lived in a single city (i.e. Nargothrond) or if they actually had other cities besides the main ones listed.
 
Well if you look at the map, the answer is there. There were some smaller cities and greater realms.

The 'Realm of Nargothrond' indicates that it is a larger region than say, Gondolin, or Brethil. Doriath is a realm also, and it includes in it Neldoreth and Brethil.
Screenshot 2022-09-23 134856.png
 
Yeah, you might say that. To truly understand the paths that different characters took, you have to have the map in hand and constantly be checking it or have good memory of it. I happen chance to have both, and I can tell you from experience that it brings a great deal of depth into reading.

The maps are amazing in every way.
 
Yeah, you might say that. To truly understand the paths that different characters took, you have to have the map in hand and constantly be checking it or have good memory of it. I happen chance to have both, and I can tell you from experience that it brings a great deal of depth into reading.

The maps are amazing in every way.
I know. I do use them. They just don't list any towns, cities, or villages in Finrod's realm beyond Nargothrond or Minas Tirith.
 
Goheno-nin! Not trying to be rude or anything, seriously. Sorry if it came across that way. Many people use the maps, myself included. You are right. It takes some seriously involved research to find everything.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top