• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Eonwe vs 👁️Sauron?

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Joined
Jan 13, 2002
Messages
1,947
I have read the Sil and it says that:

"When Thangorodrim was broken and Morgoth overthrown, Sauron put on his fair hue again and did obeisance to Eonwe, the herald of Manwe, and abjured all his evil deeds."

I then looked up in the index for an explanation of Eonwe and it says that Eonwe was one of the most powerful Maiar. It also states on the same page that:

"For under Morgoth his power had been great."

We know that Sauron was also very powerful, if not the most powerful Maia in existence. So, what do you think would have happened if Sauron resisted and Eonwe attempted to bring him back by force. What do you guys out there think the outcome would be?
 
Originally posted by Ulairi
I have read the Sil and it says that:

"When Thangorodrim was broken and Morgoth overthrown, Sauron put on his fair hue again and did obeisance to Eonwe, the herald of Manwe, and abjured all his evil deeds."

I then looked up in the index for an explanation of Eonwe and it says that Eonwe was one of the most powerful Maiar. It also states on the same page that:

"For under Morgoth his power had been great."

We know that Sauron was also very powerful, if not the most powerful Maia in existence. So, what do you think would have happened if Sauron resisted and Eonwe attempted to bring him back by force. What do you guys out there think the outcome would be?



I beleive that eonwe was stronger and that if forced sauron would come back cause. Eonwe- had a whole army with tulkas and suaron had nothing so even if he wasn't stronger i think he could be forced. Eonwe is the cheif maia and is the strongest.;) ;) :) ;) ;)
 
Last edited:
I'm biased, but Eonwe would have grabbed him by the ear lobe and yanked him all the way back to Valinor.

Eonwe was the greatest in might of arms in all of Arda. :) His weakness was his trust in others I guess. But he always had a level head about him.
 
I can dream can't I? :) It says in the Sil Eonwe is greatest in might of arms in all of Arda. I think Tulkas was just a bit stronger hmmm?? :)
 
Chief among the Maiar of Valinor whose names are remembered in the histories of the Elder Days are Ilmarë, the handmaid of Varda, and Eönwë the banner-bearer and herald of Manwë, whose might in arms is surpassed by none in Arda.

Had Sauron tried to fight, Eönwë would have said Come in peace or come in peices the choice is yours.
:D :cool: :D
 
Sauron to Eonwe:

"So you have come to challenge me. The force is strong in you."

Eonwe to Sauron:

"I'll sink ya like a three-foot-putt"
 
Originally posted by Eonwe
I can dream can't I? :) It says in the Sil Eonwe is greatest in might of arms in all of Arda. I think Tulkas was just a bit stronger hmmm?? :)



I beleive in a fight tulkas would win. He was a vala and Eonwe was a maia. Tulkas could and would scare anyone. He could run faster then anything and beat anyone/thing with his bear hands.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top