Oh, that's really cool. Is the snake on the picture a reference to when Lawrence was crossing the region of the desert where there were tons of snakes, or do they appear again later on? I'll check the picture again once I've finished the book to see if there's anything I missed.
Well, I have to admit I did not plan it to have a very deep connection with Seven Pillars of Wisdom 😅 so I wouldn't try hard to draw too many connections. But I had that in mind the whole time, so things could have slipped in. The snake could be a reference to that scene, or just a more general reference to go with the desert theme as Lawrence probably encountered snakes numerous times.
While there are specific things like the camel,
swords, and Lawrence, many of the things I added are meant to give the feeling of the place and could reference any number of
places,
events, geographical formations,
creatures, cultural things, etc...
Some explanations:
The green area directly above the camel's neck could refer to cracks like those in the desert, or a landscape, or a
map used in a journey, or any number of things. The beetle/bug on the left could be a dung beetle (common in Egypt and that wider region) or some other insect of the desert. Some of the designs are meant to feel Arabian like
the one under the camels head. The moon/stars/night sky could refer to nights spent out in the desert under the sky. The top left corner could be pyramids,
birds, tents, . Below the snake are red pomegranates which are common in the Middle East/Israel area.
A few things are meant to feel like the decorations the Arabs/Bedu/desert dwellers would have on their clothes, camels, saddles, etc...