Server Room Gremlin
a.k.a. Curufin the Crafty
- Joined
- Sep 29, 2023
- Messages
- 2,637
Here are some adaptations of stories from the Silmarillion, which I found on YouTube. A lot of time and effort must have been put into them, especially as they were made by a single person or a small group of people.
1. Lego stop-motion animation series, by BrenKir Studios:
There are 19 episodes so far, and they are currently up to the War of Wrath, but they have not finished it yet. The project started in 2021, and the most recent episode appeared in July this year. I enjoyed the humour lightly scattered throughout, they seem to be having fun with making this.
2. Roughly animated fan film series, by Oriodion:
These are in Finnish, with English subtitles. There are six videos:
- Tulisielu (Soul of Fire)
- Angbandin saarto (The siege of Angband)
- Beren & Lúthien
- Húrinin lasten tarina (The Children of Húrin)
- Gondolinin tuho (The Fall of Gondolin)
- Vihan Sota (The War of Wrath)
I have rewatched these a couple of times. I like the way the stories were put together. For example, Finrod tells Bëor about the realms of Beleriand and who lives where, as they are walking to meet Fingolfin.
3. Wings Over Arda, a live-action fan film of the ruin of Doriath and the fall of Gondolin, by Lonely Banshee:
Wings Over Arda (YouTube)
(it has subtitles available, for those who prefer watching with captions)
1. Lego stop-motion animation series, by BrenKir Studios:
There are 19 episodes so far, and they are currently up to the War of Wrath, but they have not finished it yet. The project started in 2021, and the most recent episode appeared in July this year. I enjoyed the humour lightly scattered throughout, they seem to be having fun with making this.
2. Roughly animated fan film series, by Oriodion:
These are in Finnish, with English subtitles. There are six videos:
- Tulisielu (Soul of Fire)
- Angbandin saarto (The siege of Angband)
- Beren & Lúthien
- Húrinin lasten tarina (The Children of Húrin)
- Gondolinin tuho (The Fall of Gondolin)
- Vihan Sota (The War of Wrath)
I have rewatched these a couple of times. I like the way the stories were put together. For example, Finrod tells Bëor about the realms of Beleriand and who lives where, as they are walking to meet Fingolfin.
3. Wings Over Arda, a live-action fan film of the ruin of Doriath and the fall of Gondolin, by Lonely Banshee:
Wings Over Arda (YouTube)
(it has subtitles available, for those who prefer watching with captions)
Last edited:
