• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

favorite creatures

That's right,elves are almost perfect.Sometimes they're boring with this perfection but nobody is perfect in fac,even theh have some little bad features.
 
That's right,elves are almost perfect.Sometimes they're boring with this perfection but nobody is perfect in fac,even theh have some little bad features.
 
Originally posted by Servant of God
I'd have to say definitely elves. I mean, can you think of one elf that was totally corrupted to do evil (besides the whole elf-to-orc thing)? They stay true to the good side and are just a whole lot cooler. :D

actually I can think of an elve that was corrupted to do evil, remember Maeglin?
 
Originally posted by Glorfindel1187


actually I can think of an elve that was corrupted to do evil, remember Maeglin?

I think Eol's ways caused Maeglin to be the kind of Elf that he was. Not that that excuses him. I was also thinking earlier of how great Feanor could have become. I considered that perhaps the Valar were affraid of what he could become, or thought it better for the other Elves that no Elf become too powerful, and so lead him in the direction of evil.
Before anyone bites my head, this was only a passing notion.
 
well yeah your right eol's actions certainly didn't help motivate maeglin to stay good, but i think it was more that he couldn't have his cousin who he thought he was fallin in love with, thats pretty sick neway, why did he want to marry his own cousin?
 
Come on you guys! What about the HOBBITS? Have you all forgotten Bilbo, the RING FINDER? Or Frodo, the RING BEARER? or Sam? I think Tolkien himself would have voted for Hobbits, seeing as how he named one of his books after their race and then he wrote his great masterpiece about them and the deeds of the wonderous amung them. ME would be toast if not for Frodo. Melkor would be laughing in his outer abyss at the humor in the fact that all the races of ME died because his servant tricked the elves and men and dwarves. But not Hobbits!! They are the real heros. True, if Isildur had not cut the ring off, or Gil-Galad not been there, or Feonor not come over the water... but Hobbits must remain 1# because this is a legend about them, or (in the Sil's case) leading up to them.

Hobbits!

-me
 
Dragon's,Great Worm's,Fire Drake's,
What man or boy hasn't wanted to burn the knight and keep the girl.
I don't know why I am drawn towards Dragon's,I just am,I suppose.It probably takes root in all the Hawiian shirt's with dragon's on them I have.
Of all Morgoth and Sauron's creature's,dragon's definitely have more than a one sided personality.Smaug even liked to play riddles.
:p
 
Originally posted by Confusticated


I think Eol's ways caused Maeglin to be the kind of Elf that he was. Not that that excuses him. I was also thinking earlier of how great Feanor could have become. I considered that perhaps the Valar were affraid of what he could become, or thought it better for the other Elves that no Elf become too powerful, and so lead him in the direction of evil.
Before anyone bites my head, this was only a passing notion.
Nowhere are written such things but Confusticated's passing notion is very good and I like it.But how the Valar afraid of elves,they loved them,that's why they took them to Valinor.
 
I think the Elves are the best by far. They are the noblest and most beautiful creatures. They loved the land and didnt destroy it like man does.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top