• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Forest of the Last 🧝Elves

as we went into the old forest the trees started talking and moving because of the people of rohan was something not many of them had seen

the forest was mainly evil so we where as quick as we could be and found no traces of the entwives in there

we then went and talked to tom bombadil and he said that he had never seen entwives around the shire

my hope is draining that they are not around here ishall come as soon as i can to tell you that there are none if i find no more traces
 
Greetings my young elf. I am lord of this fair forest, and welcome you to my land. Well, it is not really my land, it is Fangorn's, and you will meet him sson enough. There is much I must tell you before you settle or stay here, and before you go, I may make one request of you. *sees the look on the elf's face* Relax young one, it will be something simple, a basic task probably. If you intend to take up here for a while, then you will be given duties, as we are still in the business of establishing this elven realm. So, are you likely to remain, or are you just passing through? If you intend to return, please tell me, as I will await your news of outside. What then is your answer?
 
Noldor_returned said:
Greetings my young elf. I am lord of this fair forest, and welcome you to my land. Well, it is not really my land, it is Fangorn's, and you will meet him sson enough. There is much I must tell you before you settle or stay here, and before you go, I may make one request of you. *sees the look on the elf's face* Relax young one, it will be something simple, a basic task probably. If you intend to take up here for a while, then you will be given duties, as we are still in the business of establishing this elven realm. So, are you likely to remain, or are you just passing through? If you intend to return, please tell me, as I will await your news of outside. What then is your answer?
It's beautiful here and if I am welcome, I will surly stay for at least a while. *looks around at the beautiful forest around her*
 
Majimaune comes walking into Fangorn after his search for the entwives. He had found no traces of them so he had returned. There was a new elf in the forest, although he did not know her name yet. He looked for Treebeard but didnt want to find him too fast as he didnt want to brake the news that there where no entwives to the west.
 
Majimaune, my old friend. You have returned, but do not speak of your quest until I have shown our new friend around. What is your name, young elf? We need something to call you by.
 
Well young elf, I will begin with a brief history. It is vital you understand this, or else nothing here will make much sense or seem to be as much fun as it could be. This forest once joined the other forests of Lorien and Mirkwood. In that time no elves lived here. In fact, as far as I know, we are the first elves to ever live here. However, there have been intellegent creatures living here for a very long time, besides the trees. They are called Ents, and whatever you have heard about them, I ask you to forget, and to go only by what I tell you. They are not hasty creatures, and are gentle and peaceful beings. They are not trees, so do not call them that, no matter how much they resemble one. They are tree herders, and keep order in this forest. Their leader is Fangorn, hence the name Fangorn Forest. As time goes by, you will see him from occassion to occassion, but he will cause you no harm, unless you try to hurt him or insult him. The trees too, can harm you, so no cutting of trees is allowed. Now, Majimaune, you can come with me, and you too, young elf, and we will go see Fangorn. On the way, she-elf, you can tell me your name.
 
"Aye my friend. Let us go and see Treebeard or should I call him Fangorn sinse it seems politer but that is the name the elves call him and I am no elf whatever my likeness." Majimaune walked in silence listening to the elves speek of elvish things that he had no understanding of.
 
Majimaune said:
"Aye my friend. Let us go and see Treebeard or should I call him Fangorn sinse it seems politer but that is the name the elves call him and I am no elf whatever my likeness." Majimaune walked in silence listening to the elves speek of elvish things that he had no understanding of.
My name is Leawyn. I am the daughter of Magaline and Allasse of Mirkwood. I have heard of many things like this of Fangorn, but have never been able to come. I have always dreamed of seeing this place, but it is even more beautiful then I could have ever imagined.
 
"Well Leawyn, I am pleased to meet you. I was wondering whether you plan to stay a while, or if you were just passing through? In any case, we will go and see Fangorn, with our news," NR said.
Together the 3 walked to where Treebeard usually stayed. NR held out his arm to stop the others, and called out, "Fangorn, there is someone I would like you to meet. Her name is Leawyn, and she comes from the land of Mirkwood."
Treebeard spoke out, "Greetings young one. And I also see Majimaune is back. What news have you? And little she-elf, I am an Ent, and you may call me Treebeard or Fangorn. What brings you to my forest? For it is mine, whatever young Master Noldor has told you."
"Now now Fangorn, you agreed to let my stay here. It is almost as much mine as it is yours," NR said.
 
"Ah my friend Fangorn, I bring grave news. We could find no Ent-wives or Entings unfortunatly. We searched all over the Shire and in the lands around it and could find nothing."
 
"Alas, it is as I feared. Nevertheless, I hope one day to find them. I doubt they are lost to us forever. We just have not looked everywhere yet," Fangorn said. "Now young elf. You need to know about us Ents. We are not trees, and it would be an insult to call an Ent a tree. We are tree-herders, so you do not have to worry about any huorns. Also, we have our own tongue, which takes a while to speak, and even longer to learn. We are not a hasty folk, and do not make any rash actions. We will leave that up to you younger people. For we are much older than you, and remember things long past."
NR spoke up then, "Thankyou Treebeard. Now Leawyn, we are collecting fallen wood to shape into shelter. I hope you will help us?"
 
Noldor_returned said:
"Alas, it is as I feared. Nevertheless, I hope one day to find them. I doubt they are lost to us forever. We just have not looked everywhere yet," Fangorn said. "Now young elf. You need to know about us Ents. We are not trees, and it would be an insult to call an Ent a tree. We are tree-herders, so you do not have to worry about any huorns. Also, we have our own tongue, which takes a while to speak, and even longer to learn. We are not a hasty folk, and do not make any rash actions. We will leave that up to you younger people. For we are much older than you, and remember things long past."
NR spoke up then, "Thankyou Treebeard. Now Leawyn, we are collecting fallen wood to shape into shelter. I hope you will help us?"
"I would gladly help. And I was hoping that I could stay awhile in this beautiful forest if it would be alright with Fangorn."
 
OOC: Anyone can control what the Ents do, so don't expect me to always write what Fangorn and the others do. I will almost always be Fangorn, but if you want to go for it.

IC: Fangorn looked at Leawyn, and said she could indeed stay. NR smiled, and glanced at Majimaune, who was standing there patiently.

"Well, we have much to. We need to plan where we will build our homes," Nr said.

"There is a clearing I know of, hoom hum. So long as you do not hurt the trees, you will be able to stay there," Treebeard said. "Come, I will show you."
 
Noldor_returned said:
OOC: Anyone can control what the Ents do, so don't expect me to always write what Fangorn and the others do. I will almost always be Fangorn, but if you want to go for it.

IC: Fangorn looked at Leawyn, and said she could indeed stay. NR smiled, and glanced at Majimaune, who was standing there patiently.

"Well, we have much to. We need to plan where we will build our homes," Nr said.

"There is a clearing I know of, hoom hum. So long as you do not hurt the trees, you will be able to stay there," Treebeard said. "Come, I will show you."
The three followed Treebeard 'til they came to a clearing in the large forest.
 
When they where in the clearing Treebeard muttered something about not being hasty and left them. They discussed whether they should build a shelter where they were or if they sould go further on. They stayed and started building a shelter.
 
"Well what else will we build?" NR asked. "Once this is finished, I mean. One shelter will not last us or satisfy our needs. I say, with Treebeard's permission, that we build a small town among the treetops, like Lothlorien of old."
 
"Aye that could be good but whether we will be able to is a different question. So is this one. What are we going to build this shelter now?"
 
Majimaune said:
"Aye that could be good but whether we will be able to is a different question. So is this one. What are we going to build this shelter now?"
"That would be a question I could not answer."
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top