Now that my review is out in finland, I can finally post more of the movie here.
In my view, out of the TE movies, I'd say that currently RotK stands out as the winner, but as for the EE versions, and this is still incomplete as RotK hasn't been released, nothing can beat FotR.
RotK was an amazing movie, it was like FotR, amazing and true to the book, only a few changes bugged me of wich the main point would have had to been the dumbing down of
Denethor to a simple old fool. As an actor, John Noble did an awesome role as the aging and crazy Denethor, but his charecter was paper thin and everything of his madness was changed, his charecter now went mad overtime and the loss of
Boromir was the final thing that threw him over the edge.
But like said, as I'am not a purist I did not let that bother me because cinematically, that worked well, bookwise, well, it could have been a lot better.
As for everything else? Pure triple-A class. Everything from storytelling to the epic battle scenes were by far the greatest things ever brought on screen. The Battle of the Pellenor
Fields is an epic battle that every single battle filmed from this day on will be measured upon.
Ofcourse this is just my opinion, and I'm quite sure that for the next months I will have many heated debates with many of the purists here as they go through the movie frame by frame looking for things to complain about, but to me. This movie was an experience that I was more than glad to have.