• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Drawing Gazing Upon the First Sunrise

Joined
Feb 7, 2023
Messages
4,985
Happy birthday to my one and only Curvo/Servo/Resident Rascal, @Server Room Gremlin!

First of all, thank you for being the bestie I've been looking for all my life. Your humor and your more often than not wise presence and your comforting words are things that I look forward to everyday as I wake up.
i adore and appreciate you more than I am able to utter in words, lil buddy. Hope you know that.
I would have wished to gift you with both a story and a drawing, but you know how swamped I am at the moment.
But here's this little thing I prepared, which in all of its imperfections, is my way of showing you how much I love and appreciate you. Hope you like it, and happy birthday again! 🎉
1000039030.jpg
 
Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here admiring this. I love the way you've drawn him! Such lovely looking eyes. 🥺

And the way he's gazing up at the first sunrise... the expression is perfect. It's a very subtle one, and could mean a lot of things. No doubt his feelings are very mixed, and still muted/numbed after the grief of Fëanor's death, and the subsequent loss of Maedhros. It's a solemn look, but not without hope. The light in his eyes is still bright, and there is a kind of calm stillness there, even innocence, despite everything. Curufin and his brothers are still fresh out of Valinor after all, with the increased physical and spiritual power and endurance that this entails.

There is definite wistfulness in his expression too. And he is certainly wondering at the appearance of the new lights in the sky, and what this might mean for all of them. Perhaps it brings him some hope that they are not entirely left to fend for themselves? That they are not forgotten, even after all that has happened, and what they have done.


First of all, thank you for being the bestie I've been looking for all my life. Your humor and your more often than not wise presence and your comforting words are things that I look forward to everyday as I wake up.
i adore and appreciate you more than I am able to utter in words, lil buddy. Hope you know that.
This warms my heart to hear. 🥺 🖤🤍 I return the sentiment. And honestly, even just everyday random chatting is a comfort! 😊


I would have wished to gift you with both a story and a drawing, but you know how swamped I am at the moment.
But here's this little thing I prepared, which in all of its imperfections, is my way of showing you how much I love and appreciate you. Hope you like it, and happy birthday again! 🎉
And busy or not, this is a present I would have been glad to receive in either case! He is an exceedingly fine addition to my collection!
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top